1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A Fulham point of view

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by fulhamjohn, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flyer

Flyer Well-Known Member

Are you still embarrassed about the silence in the ground during that game.

That was my 1st game there and I was so glad to come out as a Ranger and not be a Fulham fan because it was embarrassing.

2. Azmi

Azmi Well-Known Member

True, it would finish him as a manager.

3. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I am not bitter about the result in fact i have said some nice things about Fulham in the past but don't give me that fans/crowds rubbish or i will bring up the 4K gates you got throughout the 90's or your rubbish away support.
    Ground full of tourist you lot are.
    Someone post that picture when they went away to Sunderland that will shut him up.
    Mupprt tourist

4. CFC: Champs £launderx17

5. West London Willy

West London Willy Well-Known Member

6. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

Jealousy is such a terrible thing............

7. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

In fairness every club has hit a low point at some point.

If I am not mistaken QPR and Arsenal both got 4k crowds in the mid 60s, we got 8k vs Coventry. Success always has and always will be a factor in attendance. Man City's home support and Chelsea/Leeds/West Ham/United's away support are exceptions to the norm

QPR would be where Fulham are now had they not been relegated under Wilkins in the 90s, Fulham were fortunate Al Fayed came to them and not elsewhere.

8. CFC: Champs £launderx17

''The day' being the early fifties..... Talk about living on past glory - I've never heard of a team playing on past attendances....

Ok, averaging over 20-25k since 2005. And we averaged 15k when we went up like you did last season.

And 11k in Div 3 once too.

No need for a Qpr fan to mock our crowds

9. BrixtonR

BrixtonR Well-Known Member

Getting into ner-ners a bit aren't we?

Issue is Hughes and what he's about. He'll do a job and go, we know that. That's what we need and we called in a well qualified pro to sort us out. No issues there.

The cautionary note in Fulham John's message is the worry about leaving us with a hefty player bill when he rides off into the sunset... his successor will have to be able to adapt the stock to suit going forward.

10. District Line

Forum Moderator

Good Post Brixton, I agree and I think the fact he was signed on a Two Year deal suggests that. All he needs to do is keep you up for 2 seasons, nothing more and then the next manager can build and push on and will probably be more long term.

11. rrrrrs

rrrrrs Well-Known Member

Bit strong on the foolham lad there fellas, don't think there was any malice intended.

12. fulham traveller

fulham traveller Well-Known Member

From a ffc view point the above message was spot on, i wish q.p.r and hughes all the best. i would rather go to the bush instead of wigan, blackburn, etc you will improve and push i called if before it happened, i also put money that warnock would not be at the rangers at the end of the season. your chairmans plans are bigger than n.w. It does seem where ever there kia jorobachin controversy is not far away, good luck

13. fulhamjohn

fulhamjohn New Member

Some excellent and considered comments here, and a bit of abuse from a couple but that is fair enough when you post on another club's board.I just wanted to give an opinion, and appreciate it might not have been everyone's cup of tea!

As I said earlier, I mean no malice, and am not getting into arguments about attendances, who's the bigger club, etc.

Similar to Fulham Traveller's post, I love London Derbies, and would much rather games against our neighbours than Wigan, so will finish by wishing you lot all the best for the rest of the season, except for our trip to you next month. Hope we get the chance for more 6-0 wins next season! :)

14. _qpr-scotland_

Get you 999!

Thought the article was well written just pretty pessimistic or cynical depending on your viewpoint. To be honest Im completely neutral to this decision. I'll support him sure but he has a hell of a job to follow Warnock who was universally loved.

15. District Line

Forum Moderator

As a Blue I Totally agree, whilst for me Arsenal, Spurs and West Ham is slightly more special I would sooner have 8 or 9 London clubs in the PL than have to play no offence but the likes of Wigan, Blackburn etc in unglamorous ties.

I would much rather Chelsea have to travel locally to QPR or Fulham after a CL game for instance as I'm sure you would with us i.e Europa League than have to go up to Wigan which would require a lot of extra travel for fans and players.

I hate West Ham but the sooner they come up the better, as you say nothing beats a good old London Derby <ok>

16. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Agree; you want to play QPR for easier points after a CL match not Blackburn 1245 on a Sat.

17. District Line

Forum Moderator

<laugh>.

18. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Fulham fans don't travel to the likes of Wigan. Blackburn,Sunderland... in fact they dont travel at all, so i can see the benifit of playing a local game <ok>
    Who has that Sunderland picture?

19. WBA2_QPR3

WBA2_QPR3 Well-Known Member

Thats right Ellers, all the Tarquin's are in Val d'Isere at this time of year rather than Wigan

You won't get a decent pie in Val d'Isere

20. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Historically Fulham always took more to Chelsea than QPR.

But I agree the away support is ****e now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.