1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A conspiracy theory

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by floridaspearl, Apr 8, 2016.

1. floridaspearl

floridaspearl Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to think ruby Walsh is crooked. That's twice now he's jumped off an odds on shot. I'm unhappy with his association with the crooked banker, a man that's associated with a betting firm and being a major horse owner and a gambler. This is a man that's well known for fixing markets and then taking advantage of them. We know there is multi millions of pounds involved and the punters seem to be being ripped off. You might say who would deliberately fall off with the risk of injury, but look at the financial benefit of an odds on favourite being beaten . To me it stinks of corruption, which is hardly surprising in the world we now live in. This is not pocket talk because my brother had the forecast of the said race and he's paying for me to go to Cheltenham next week.
    But it leaves a sour taste

OddDog likes this.
  2. Doalittle

Doalittle Well-Known Member

Ah here now:emoticon-0112-wonde. He didn't stand a chance of staying on the horse. Vautour took an extra stride and barely got halfway up the fence.

3. DreverSpur

DreverSpur Well-Known Member

I would suggest you stay away from the medicine cabinet in future pal <doh>

4. woolcombe-folly007

woolcombe-folly007 Well-Known Member

He dies not need to be crooked he has the best job in racing and rides the best horses! He is one of the best best jockeys ever! It's his riding style imo that gets him into trouble! Where as AP used to really ride the horse even when the engine was full of petrol, Ruby trusts the horse maybe a little too much and some maybe crack under pressure and also the horses he rides are the best so he's gonna ride more finishes and be rigjt up there more than most! But he's 100% legit and 100% great

5. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

Bonkers

6. beeforsalmon

beeforsalmon Well-Known Member

7. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

Woah! Give it a chance lads...my friend said he saw Ricci with a docket for God's Own there today, £5 each way apparently

Bustino74 likes this.
  8. floridaspearl

Wooly this is my problem, he is a supreme horseman he shouldn't be falling off that horse. To me there is outside influences involved. He pisses it at the festival everyone lumps on, the banker of aintree he falls and saves the book is skin. I'd be interested to know how much money they saved. My real point is, there is a conflict of interest ,horse owner , bookie, punter. If this was on the flat it would be harder to hide.

9. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Tongue
    Cheek
    LOL
    Nice one <laugh>

10. floridaspearl

I'm serious

beeforsalmon likes this.

11. Caselaw

Caselaw Member

You are eight days late with that one!

12. floridaspearl

With what one, explain yourself so we can get this debate out in the open. I'm furious, this is our sports integrity at stake.

13. woolcombe-folly007

I ride out for a couple of trainers local to me in the weekend and even then I still don't fully understand the whole riding of Ruby as I don't do it in race situations (have raced a P2P once) plus the horses he rides are always going to be there in the finish so some will crack !but you don't have to be a horseman to know they aren't 100% bombproof they will make mistakes, I fell off on the gallops last weekend not serous but the horse jarred to the right and off I want you can't rely on them 100% just like humans we all make mistakes and the horses don't know what odds they are! The owner has enough money to worry about a couple of thousand, what ever reputation he has or did its in his intrest for the horse to win

Ste D likes this.
  14. woolcombe-folly007

You have no need he's not bent

15. floridaspearl

Woolly I ride as well and I understand everything you are saying.since this guy has come on the scene, there are to many conflicts of interest with multi millions of pounds involved. I know corruption can happen in a class 6 seller at Southwell but it can also happen at Cheltenham and aintree. Criminals have been knobling horse racing for years " for legal purposes I'm not suggesting criminals are involved. But punters need to wake up.

16. floridaspearl

Wooly we're not talking about thousands, we're talking millions!!

17. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I reckon Caselaw is in on it <laugh>

Cyclonic likes this.
  18. beeforsalmon

I just wonder how this corruption works in practice? So apparently he's jumping off half tonne animals at 30mph or more ON PURPOSE for payment? So does he get extra payment if he breaks an arm when throwing himself off thesw galloping beasts? Is there a sliding scale per rib he could break? More for a punctured lung or worse is it? Have you ever heard of Kieran Kelly? Perhaps you should look him up to realise the risks the sport presents.

He's a married man with children for god's sake! As if he's going to risk life or limb with a young family. Of course there's corruption in the game your 100% right there but you cannot seriously believe what you write if you actually engage your brain for a few seconds and consider the risks...

19. floridaspearl

Listen beefy he wouldn't be the first halfwit to take serious risk for the sake of money he's only human. Do you think the prime minister ever thought that the great unwashed would ever believe he was a tax dodger

Archers Road likes this.
  20. beeforsalmon

Yeah. Cos that's the exact same thing <doh>

woolcombe-folly007 likes this.