1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A #chelseareject called Mohamed Salah !

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Sep 29, 2017.

1. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

In fact Salahs season has softend the Coutinho saga, as he is the best player at the club this season

2. carlthejackal

carlthejackal Well-Known Member

All this publicity and the high number of accolades is indeed worrying.
    Hands up, those who think he'll still be with us next season !

3. ademuzzy

ademuzzy Well-Known Member

I do

organic red likes this.
  4. moreinjuredthanowen

He will be imo cos i think a lot of clubs will be looking at it and wondering if its a one off season cos he misses a lot.

5. LuisDiazgamechanger

He can still improve. Kane Aguero and others do miss too.

organic red likes this.
  6. moreinjuredthanowen

not as much. He's got so many chances. Last game he missed about 3 and scored 2 brilliant goals for us. he could have had 5.

7. LuisDiazgamechanger

Salah wins PFA Player of the Month
    Mohamed Salah has been named PFA Player of the Month for December.
    Liverpool's No.11, who also scooped the prize in November, earned 50 per cent of the public vote in the poll.

Salah scored six goals and provided four assists during his eight appearances last month, helping the Reds claim five wins and three draws from those fixtures.

The Egypt international was last week crowned CAF African Player of the Year in recognition of his superb form throughout 2017

www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/286688-salah-wins-pfa-player-of-the-month

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  8. moreinjuredthanowen

Has got to be on for player of the season if he continues picking up awards.

PFA or football writers surely.

Debruyne is IMO his only competition.

city have been awesome as a team but salah surely will be the outstanding single player? IF he continues scoring for fun.

9. Salah's-left-foot

Salah's-left-foot Well-Known Member

His stats say otherwise. He has a better ratio than Kane and Aguero.

10. LuisDiazgamechanger

Salah named Player of the Month for December

Mohamed Salah has secured a fourth Standard Chartered Player of the Month award in just five months at Liverpool, winning December's fan vote.

The No.11 scored six goals in eight appearances last month, helping Jürgen Klopp's team reach the Champions League knockout stages and maintain their place in the Premier League top four.

And that typically prolific form has seen the Egyptian yet again chosen by supporters as the Reds' standout man.

Upon receiving the gong, Salah told Liverpoolfc.com: "I'm very happy to win this award again.

"It's always a good feeling for me to win this award because you work hard, you help the team to get points to achieve something.

"As I said before, the most important thing is to win the games, and we try to win each game.

"We are working [well] at the moment, we are [picking up] points, so we are in a good position - we have to carry on now."

When pushed for a personal highlight from December, the 25-year-old picked out marking his Merseyside derby debut with a memorable solo strike.

He added: "I always try to help the team, to improve myself, so each game for me was very important.

"[But] it was the first derby for me, so I'm very happy to score in my first derby."
    http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/287012-salah-named-player-of-the-month-for-december

11. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

He should have won all 5 had Lovren not won one out of pity.

12. Angry_Physics

Angry_Physics Well-Known Member

Salah was a real threat at Basle. Never given time to adjust to a higher level of football at Chelsea, the move to the PL was a huge step up in quality of opponent.

He got that experience in Italy.

Chelsea's loss.

organic red and Jimmy Squarefoot like this.
  13. LuisDiazgamechanger

Mohamed Salah: The rise of Liverpool and Egypt's modest, hard-working superstar
    Mohamed Salah: The rise of Liverpool and Egypt's modest, hard-working supers
    Copy this link
    please log in to view this image

Mohamed Salah has scored 28 goals in 34 appearances for Liverpool
    Mohamed Salah had already placed himself in Liverpool's record books before a driving, darting run and angled finish for his second goal in
    Sunday's thrilling 2-2 draw with Tottenham at Anfield was likened to a Lionel Messi moment.
    When manager Jurgen Klopp's £34.3m summer signing from Roma scored his first, he became the fastest Liverpool player to reach 20 Premier League goals. He achieved it in 25 games, two games quicker than Fernando Torres and Daniel Sturridge.
    The 25-year-old has had a stunning impact since arriving at Anfield but this humble superstar, who is idolised in Egypt, has showed grit and determination to become a superstar.

'Down to earth and quiet' - Egypt's modest icon
    Salah's status as a national hero in Egypt was already secure before his two goals, including a late penalty, in the win over Congo in Alexandria last October secured his country a place in the World Cup for the first time since 1990.
    Salah's brilliance, modesty and determination never to forget his roots had long made him an iconic figure and a source of national pride.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42964824

14. carlthejackal

The irony about this is that the more he is praised by the press, fans, pundits, the less likely we will keep him for next season. When Real is rebuilding after an appalling season, they will looking at top players all over the world. If every one keeps saying how great Salah is (modest, determined but absolutely world class and brilliant talent, is it any wonder that they will be interested despite also looking at the likes of Neymar Kane too.

I am hoping that the hype does calm down a bit but it is all in FSG’s hands. Will they be able to resist the huge bid that will be coming?

15. LuisDiazgamechanger

Not much we can do if a player really wants to leave other than making it hard for the suitor.#cut throat price !.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    saintKlopp likes this.
  16. carlthejackal

This almost makes it impossible to build a title winning team. Each time we’ve got an outstanding player he is grabbed by another club.

We need to do a Leicester to become champions. Lucky break that everything falls into place unexpectedly.

Alisson Becker is N01 likes this.
  17. LuisDiazgamechanger

We should have got Riyad Mahrez for less than £30m last summer when we started to have the feeling that Coutinho is going to leave .To buy him in the summer is going to be close to £70m

Mr Beej likes this.
  18. carlthejackal

Riyadh Mahrez is a player who could be star player in the right formation and team. Can he perform when expectations are high? Possibly but I feel for the money asked £95m he could be a gamble.

Alisson Becker is N01 likes this.
  19. LuisDiazgamechanger

I think Klopp knows how to nurture players, see what he did with Mane and Salah,he can make Riyad Mahrez a better player.

20. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

And he was dynamite at Roma last season aswell, not only scoring regularly but supplying Dzeko for many of his goals <ok>