1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

_Pickford !

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by The Little General, May 13, 2017.

1. 2010 tops dog

2010 tops dog Well-Known Member

It makes little difference how much he goes for as the money will be lost in the stupid amount of debt you boys find yourself in.
    Luckily when we sold players last season we were able to re invest in the squad.
    At least your other asset Defoe will do for millions to help out..... oh wait a minute

2. 2010 tops dog

You're a clown.

We've just been relegated and you're talking about SAFC in Europe.

No wonder some people think you're on the wind up constantly.[/QUOTE]
    Sunderland ain't come back anytime soon so unless Pickford is going to stay for the next 4/5 years then best he goes now

3. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Sunderland ain't come back anytime soon so unless Pickford is going to stay for the next 4/5 years then best he goes now[/QUOTE]

Could I trouble you for the winning lottery numbers?

Montysoptician and Burly Hurley like this.
  4. 2010 tops dog

Could I trouble you for the winning lottery tickets?[/QUOTE]
    Okay a serious question then How do you think you will go back up, it's a tough league look at the statics of teams that have came down who went straight back up.
    Boro who also came down will be better equipped to come back up
    Plus the fact that David "we are doomed" Moyes is still there.

5. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I was just having a joke with you really I wouldn't be surprised if it took a few years for us to get back up, we have a lot of change ahead of us. Bit pointless to speculate until we have an idea what the team will be and who will be in charge of it. Looks like it'll be Moyes but perhaps not.

2010 tops dog likes this.
  6. 2010 tops dog

Its the way football is these days it's all about who buys your club, you could be lucky like Man City/Chelsea or you could be like Leeds,blackburn,Pompey it's **** really.
    The championship is not a quality league but it's a hard one anyone can beat anyone on the day, but there are some great days out.
    You will need to buy a few players with championship experience if Moyes went and someone like Nigel Pearson came in then I would say you might have a chance in coming back up

Billy Death and clockstander like this.
  7. red&white wanderer

red&white wanderer Well-Known Member

Okay a serious question then How do you think you will go back up, it's a tough league look at the statics of teams that have came down who went straight back up.
    Boro who also came down will be better equipped to come back up
    Plus the fact that David "we are doomed" Moyes is still there.[/QUOTE]
    I did put question marks after Europe and said that the only reason Pickford would leave is Moyes. (who seems so quick to criticise Pickford's mistakes he needs to call out the players in front of Pickford)
    But as you say dour Dave is here so most likely Pickford is away.
    Yes it'll be hard (too hard with clueless DM ) and I really can't see us comming up next season with our manager --no way
    As for Europe - of course I want us in Europe - I never put a date on it - thats an ambition. I might never see it but I feel better by showing a positive realism (not unrealistic ) slant at our traumatic position. If I'm a clown for this positivity - so be it.
    I could easily be defeatist (negatively realistic ) but Sunderland don't often do realism - they often do the unexpected.
    I'm gutted now ,will feel worse when fixture list comes out then will be ok by the new season in the feeder league <cheers>

8. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

Could I trouble you for the winning lottery numbers?[/QUOTE]

<laugh><laugh><laugh> spilt my beer!!

Nacho likes this.
  9. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Very very good. But he's young, mistakes will be many for a while. Remember De Gea's first season at Man U, you could see his quality despite the many mistakes. Sure enough he's matured into a rock of a keeper. You can see the class in Pickford, but he's still very young for a keeper, he'll refine, like any good keeper they age well like wine. I don't expect Pickford to be an exception to the rule, he'll get better and better.

Tobes likes this.
  10. Brian Storm

Haway everyone, sort the quote boxes out <laugh><doh>

salad fingers likes this.

11. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

<laugh><laugh><laugh> spilt my beer!![/QUOTE]

There's a wide variety of very wise travelling soothsayers visiting our board currently who have keen insights into Sunderland's future, which is always bleak, and their teams future which is always glorious and in no way involves the possibility of relegation.

You'd think one of them would pay for our gracious hospitality with the odd lotto number wouldn't you.

12. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Annoying isn't it haha.

13. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

There's a wide variety of very wise travelling soothsayers visiting our board currently who have keen insights into Sunderland's future, which is always bleak, and their teams future which is always glorious and in no way involves the possibility of relegation.

You'd think one of them would pay for our gracious hospitality with the odd lotto number wouldn't you.[/QUOTE]

Its the wisdom of there but for grace of God go I. The wisdom of 20:20 hindsight.

I've got no problem with that tbh. We're all guilty of that at times.

Still waiting for those numbers though <laugh>

14. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

We need a quote mod, specifically for just that.

Volunteers... hands up.

Brian Storm likes this.
  15. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

I vote Stooey. He'll sort all the quote divvys out.

16. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

good

17. Brian Storm

18. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I tried to post the assist vid earlier but it seems my days of posting vids are over unless my phone has a change of heart, won't let me do it anymore.

Anyway, it's a great example of how good a kicker he is, loads of high quality technique on display. The commentator mentions it wasn't the first he'd done that game and I'm sure it wasn't as he pulls them off on the reg. There's also the ones that he fluffs occasionally but we don't talk about them.

19. Brian Storm

His kicking accuracy is phenomenal. Stats don't do him justice as keepers in teams who play out from the back bump their distribution stats with roll outs. Whether it be for the attacker to run on to it like in that clip or dropping it into chest height or below there's nobody like him. You can bet your arse a lot of keepers have took to the training ground to try and nail that technique. The accuracy is frightening, can't believe there's no kicking compilations of him out yet.

20. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Up there with Monty, Toddo, Kerr, Stick and Hendo, imo. One bright light in a dark season for SAFC. I hope he reaches the top and he cant do that here, sadly, a down payment and a season long loan back is the best we can hope for