1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

7 years today

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by The Gills PegLeg, Feb 28, 2019.

1. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

7 years ago today, @brb famously missed our 5-4 win against Hereford United. Just thought I would remind people of that <cheers>

brb and grumpygit like this.
  2. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

brb likes this.
  3. brb

brb CR250

<laugh><applause>

Don't time fly, seven years ago but will never forget it, the only game i missed that season and not through choice, can't really discuss the circumstances on a public forum but will always be one of my old timer stories at the pub over a pint.

I got a step by step replay of it afterwards as i had given my ticket away for that night rather than it go to waste. Yes i even had a ticket for the game (i was an ST Holder at the time) <wah>

Just for the amusement of our readers, Pegleg will also know i had a ticket for the Cardiff game this season, a slight case of deja vu. But hey what's football without memories...missed memories!

The Gills PegLeg likes this.
  4. brb

brb CR250

Tell yer, i actually watched that back and i so wished we had some of them players now. Tomlin was an absolute favourite of mine, and how he combined with the long kicks of Gazzaniga was amazing. What we had back then was a team of fighting spirit, evident in the exploits of that night. Without looking I think Tomlin went to Southend after indecision by our club (if memory serves me right) and Gazza as expected reached the dizzy heights of Premier League (Spurs). And no Gillingham team of that time can go without a mention of Pitbull our very own Charlie (i love a booking) Lee, the ankle biter of all ankle biters.

What a line up, I think the only one i had no real time for in this bunch was Kuffour...

Gills line up: Gazzaniga, Evans (C Lee H/T), Essam, King, Jackman, Tomlin, J Payne, Weston (Montrose 77), Whelpdale (O Lee 77), Kuffour, Kedwell. Subs not used: Hawkes, Davies.

Goals: Whelpdale (45), Kedwell (46), C Lee (81) & (88), Tomlin (90+3).

grumpygit likes this.
  5. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

I think we should mark this day as brb's 'official' birthday - although, if the game was one day later in 2012, it would have been on Leap Year Day - and this would make him only 1& 3 quarters years old - nobody will notice the difference as he enters his second childhood

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    The Gills PegLeg, grumpygit and brb like this.