1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

4 more wins leeds are up to promised land ? VOTE 3 PLAYERS 2019 - 2020 PROMOTION season

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by sniffer1, Apr 11, 2020.

?

Which leeds uniteds 3 most influential players were in leeds uniteds promotion season 2019-2020 ?

Poll closed Jul 29, 2020.
  1. white

57.1%
  2. Cooper

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Ayling

14.3%
  4. Dallas

28.6%
  5. Hernandez

100.0%
  6. Phillips

71.4%
  7. Harrison

14.3%
  8. Costa

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Alioski

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Bamford

14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sniffer1

sniffer1 Well-Known Member

table positions or games behind closed doors , just thinking it would be this season that coronavirus comes when leeds utd are top and look like promotion typical init ?

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  2. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

We’re jinxed I tell ya, jinxed

3. sniffer1

We will find out shortly if we are jinxed or biased by FA when they make an announcement at end of this month , the 2 options leeds utd want are .
    1. top team gets automatically promoted if they finish season now .
    2. games are played behind closed doors with live games on TV for the fans .

4. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

Option 2 not gonna happen.
    With televised games, you'll need over 200 people there and they'd all need to be tested first.
    91 Pl games X 200 = 18,200 tests
    96 Championship games X 200 = 19,200 tests

There are currently not enough tests for NHS staff

5. Eireleeds1

No shortage of tests seemingly if you’re willing to pay. I know of someone who got it within 48 hours once willing to pay

sniffer1 likes this.
  6. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

There are 3.5M tests on the open market (ordered by the government and given to amazon and Boots to distribute) which came from China.
    Ministers are currently trying to recoup the taxpayers' money spent on these fingerprick tests after an Oxford University trial found they returned inaccurate results.

7. sniffer1

difference is though EFL can pay for it or even go 50/50 with the club , dont forget each club in championship has only 9 league games left so easy peasy , then leeds utd get promoted ha ha

8. sniffer1

oxford university if they can trial to see if inaccurate they must be able to hand out accurate results and also oxford university are trialing a vaccine starting this thursday on patients .
    200 tests completed = behind close doors games get go ahead = leeds united get promoted !! option 2 is gonna happen !!

9. Eireleeds1

Not that easy when by law you’re not allowed travel more than 2km or stand closer than 2m from anyone. Hardly ideal conditions for playing football I’d have thought

sniffer1 likes this.
  10. blonogasoven

blonogasoven Well-Known Member

Evening all. I heard the solution for teams that had played less games was the points per game calculation.
    My thoughts on this season are that we have to finish it before starting another one. What if we get a 2nd wave next winter? Do we scrap next season too? Say we get to the same point next season with 22 in the Prem, do we add another 2?
    However they do it and whenever they do it, they need to finish this season. Its too far along.

11. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Think it's a bit of stuff & nonsense to think that football will be banned because there can't be social distancing on-field etc.

I don't think tests for everyone for each match will be necessary.

I've developed my opinion by observing the government allowing the likes of public transport & supermarket staff to work minus social distancing, tests, or PPE etc.

wakeybreakyheart and sniffer1 like this.
  12. sniffer1

1. you are allowed to travel more than 2k if its for work , also when all players , managers , trainers , directors and stewards have been tested for weeks before a game
    2. and at the game before kick off all negative then why not be closer than 2m in fact the players can play their normal game ,
    3. also on top of that i reckon the clubs could let in at least 2000 fans making sure they sit and keep distance from each other pre match present match and post match and fans could be charged a small fee included in the ticket for the match to be tested for weeks before the matches , the only problem is the FA are useless and cant be bothered they would rather scrap the season the FA IS LIVING UPTO ITS NAME DOING FA F . CK A LL

13. sniffer1

True bundersleaga is starting again on may 9th all thanks to rigerous testing , FA could do it and it would benefit the game as you say for next season also but F A CANNOT BE BOTHERED F.CK A.LL FA NAME

14. sniffer1

Tests could be done thats if FA can be bothered organising it although i dont put too much faith in FA , even though testing could benefit football not only for the game and players but also financially benefit the game the FA wont think of that , the FA would only think about paying out money even though they will get it back by games being played , think fans should demonstrate and sign petitions to finish the season thats what the FA wont want .

15. leeds down south

leeds down south Well-Known Member

16. sniffer1

impossible to wear a mask whilst playing football , and why would you wear one if all players have been tested weeks before and are negative same day as game , i have a mask and its hard enough walking round outside and breathing with it on , so i doubt players running at high speed can wear a mask and breath properly., and if all players are negative whats the point of wearing one .

JonnyLosAngeles likes this.
  17. JonnyLosAngeles

JonnyLosAngeles Well-Known Member

Operative words being "currently" and "in May or June."

18. sniffer1

essential workers such as footballers who keep the nation sane whilst staying in and keep spirits up all over the uk except the few millwall fans that there is he he , should get tests done and be counted as essential especially for premier league and championship players as these are the 2 leagues in uk that bring alot of money in , it will be the same next season so there is no difference than finishing the season now so lets get the season finished

19. sniffer1

The netherlands FA have done a great dis service to leeds united and west brom and liverpool and other teams wanting promotion by scrapping their season and also the their own clubs possibly financial incentives circling about and FA IN ENGLAND NOW HAVE THE PERFECT EXCUSE TO SCRAP SEASON IN ENGLAND , the FA tried to do it in scotland and when it did not happen there they now try it in netherlands and got what they wanted , but luckily german bundesleaga are starting their season on 9th may so it will show that the season can be completed . the excuse they will use for germany is that the deaths are much lower than uk but this should not be a deciding factor as it shows football games can be finished if THE WILL IS THERE AND WITH THE FA ALWAYS DECIDING AGAINST LEEDS UNITED THE WILL IS NOT THERE . there is no reason why if the FA finished the season now LEEDS UNITED SHOULD BE CROWNED CHAMPIONS BEING TOP AND PROMOTED ALONG WITH WEST BROM to make the premier league a 22 team league next year with no relegation from it. The FA will now offer financial incentives to leeds utd 61m so i heard to go along with it in a roundabout way which is not right .
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52418048

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
  20. AgentofAlnwick

AgentofAlnwick Well-Known Member

I've been and advocate of finishing the season no matter how long it takes. However, this pandemic isn't going away any time soon and the complications re contracts are real.

Imo you should not void a season that's 75% complete.

Imo you cannot promote clubs without relegating others. Rules should be equal for all clubs.

Imo the play-offs ought to be scrapped with no promotion for those clubs in play-off positions.
    So the best solution would be to use PPG to decide all divisions through the league structure.
    This would result in Villa and Norwich swapping divisions with Leeds and West Brom. Barnsley and Luton being replaced by Coventry and Rotherham. And so on. Barrow would be promoted to League 2 and Stevenage would luck out unless Bury are somehow reprieved.

davy, Gessa and sniffer1 like this.