1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

4-3-3?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Masanari, Dec 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Masanari

Masanari Active Member

The Journal are suggesting that against Swansea we might try a 4-3-3 formation. I think this would be quite a good idea; I know our fullbacks are not the strongest but playing three in midfield with possibly two of the forward three dropping back a bit at times to help link the midfield with attack would help us control the midfield and possession which really is the best form of defence anyway while still allowing us to be quite attacking.

If we did play 4-3-3 then this is how I hope we would line up:

----------------------Krul---------------------
    Raylor-------Simpson-----Colo----------Santon
    --------Cabaye------Tiote------Abied----------
    --------Ben Arfa------Ba-------Gutierrez-------

This is presuming that Colo and Tiote will make it and Williamson will not, although I still have a feeling that if that is the case then it will be Perch and Colo in the middle. :(

2. holystone

holystone Active Member

Would it be easier for players to play on their strongest foot out wide? HBA on left & Jonas on right.

3. Jarramag88

Jarramag88 Well-Known Member

If tiote and colo are fit I reckon the only change will maybe be Ben arfa for shola and he will probably play perch with colo with Simpson right back and raylor left, although I reckon santon should be now starting more regularly on the left. Let cabaye take the free kicks in raylors absence.

4. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

I have often wondered this. Jonas on the right and someone like Shane Ferguson on the left. HBA still in the hole as he cannot tackle/track back

5. Masanari

Masanari Active Member

It would be best if they could keep switching.

Also apparently the Newcastle staff reckon it will take about 6 months of football for Santon to start showing his best which is to be expected really seeing as he is so young and is used to a different style of play.

6. Voluptuous Vuckic

Voluptuous Vuckic Active Member

It's a certain fact that I want Simmo and Santon as fullbacks for this game. Swansea play with two pacey wingers, and we all saw what Sturridge did to Raylor for the whole game. I wouldn't say Swanseas forwards are anything special, so I think either Perch/Kadar alongside Colo would be able to cope. If Colo isn't fit then I think I will cry.

7. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

Switch Guittierez for Abeid in mid field and either Best or Shola in the middle up front

Ba can play target man but he's at his best when he doesn't have to. Abeid's promising but Guittierez is a proven commodity going forward and defending

8. Jonnyaiston

Jonnyaiston Well-Known Member

Doubt it would matter, they should all be swapping positions every so often to confuse the defenders.

9. MagpieMuzz

MagpieMuzz Active Member

Not a bad idea if pards gets the personnel right

10. Beatski

Beatski Well-Known Member

where'd you hear that?

11. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

No because they both prefer to play the opposite side as their natural role. Though central is where Pards sees HBAs natural role.

12. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I wouldn't be keen on 433 to be honest. We have a tried and tested system which has only come unstuck because of losing key players. I could understand if Colo and Tiote are not fit but not if they are.

13. Masanari

Masanari Active Member

Journal. To be expected really, it took Colo and Enrique over a season to get up to speed and show how good they are. Going on Santon's performance against Norwich he looks to be better than Enrique first was when he signed for us.

14. skalpel

skalpel Active Member

Give him minutes! Minutes will make everything alright.

15. Smudger

Smudger Active Member

Long term I can see us going 4-3-3. Look at our potential front three: Ben Arfa, Ba, Maiga. It's like a poorer version of Chelsea's, we have a goalscoring, powerful centre forward in Ba (Drogba), a creative number 10 playing on the left in Ben Arfa (Mata), and a striker cutting inside from the right to score goals in Maiga (Sturridge).

16. Masanari

Masanari Active Member

How would you accommodate Gutierrez though? Or would you just leave him out of the team?

17. Smudger

Smudger Active Member

Well that's the issue. I dont think he would be a starter in this system, which I dont agree with but may be Pardew's long term plan. He would play most of his games as the LW or RW but I think he's too defensive to be effective there. Would be more of a squad role for him IMO.

18. You'veBeenTiote'd

You'veBeenTiote'd Active Member

<laugh> chuck him on CM if Tiote isn't fit, it's the minutes that count!

19. MagpieMuzz

MagpieMuzz Active Member

Yes!

20. Masanari

Masanari Active Member

Didn't he play behind a striker for a match last season? Can't remeber who it was against but think he played quite well there. It just depends on if he can resist his defensive tendencies. I would certainly like to see Ben Arfa, Ba, Maiga/Gutierrez in a forward three though because you have so much attacking threat there and what for me is the best is how flexible they could be because they are all capable of being able to swap about a bit and it would be a nightmare for the opposition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.