1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

3 Million Bid For Danny Graham

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by JamieT567, Jun 2, 2011.

1. JamieT567

JamieT567 Member

Sky Sports News is reporting that the Swans have made a 3 Million for Danny Graham, Pretty sure it's true and I would love to see him at the Swans!

2. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

If you can steal him from under the noses of QPR, that would be great <laugh>

3. JamieT567

JamieT567 Member

Video of him last season, scoring 27 goals in all competitions!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2014
  4. JackLifeLynch

JackLifeLynch Member

Yeah would be amazing as he is a great finisher and i think he will also adapt to our style of play pretty easy! young and quick, Brendan I'm in awe!

5. Bucks Blue

Bucks Blue Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Certainly exciting times to be a Swansea fan!

6. Goodland

Goodland Member

Sinclair Graham Dyer! - might see if I could pick up an old head as a sub - maybe Kevin Phillips on a free.

7. bigkidderz

bigkidderz Well-Known Member

This would be an amazingly good signing! Was gutted we didn't get him last year, we could have been champions with him on board I'm sure! It looked like he'd made the right decision when Watford were flying early on, but his team mates weren't strong enough to keep up the intensity for a season long challenge. He'd slot into our system nicely as, from the video, you can see that he likes to score goals with the ball at his feet. But he's good in the air and can add a new dimension for us from corners especially. Surely we can't lose out on this lad twice in two years... Don't want us to break the bank for this guy though - 3-4 million is about right.

8. London_Jack

London_Jack Well-Known Member

Would be a seamless swap from Borini- fast, skillfull on the ball, good strike on him.. can he do a Drogba freekick tho? ;)

9. beppeswan

beppeswan Active Member

Danny graham yes please, I am devestated over borini and I think he is gutted also by all accounts but mr graham come and join the welsh contingent of the anglo-welsh premier league and entertain the prem like blackpool did last year :emoticon-0103-cool:

10. Nottage Jack

Nottage Jack Member

Agree..the story from within the club is that Borini is gutted he signed the pre-contract , but nothing could be done to reverse or cancel the contract.
    Danny Graham could be the ideal replacement..but even if this is not possible , in Buck I trust. And with Huw at the helm we can at least guarantee we will not waste any money. Here's hoping we maintain the sensible approach. I would much rather be relegated and keep within our means rather than stay up by putting the club into potential future debt and the risks inherrant with that approach. The older ones amongst us will remember that even though it was great in the first division with Tosh and it gave us some fantastic memories , the ultimate cost to the club was too much and caused us almost 30 years of hardship. I for one do NOT want to see that repeated.

11. It'sChicoTime

It'sChicoTime Well-Known Member

He cannot be "gutted" he signed the pre contract. It is non binding and he could have said no at the end of it. A pre contract is nothing whatsoever. It just guarantees a player that he will have a club.

So, if he was that "gutted" he could in fact have said no. Best of luck to the lad.

12. KizzySwan

KizzySwan Member

I'm fully behind this bid, I think he would be a great signing. Danny clearly has an eye for goal, the pace and skill to get into good positions and can get behind defences.

Go get him Huw!

13. Nottage Jack

Nottage Jack Member

Jack Ash - I am only repeating what my source has quoted. If indeed pre-contract agreements are not binding (and I think you are right on this one) , then either the story is complete bolox or that Borini feels commited to the pre-contract agreement and it is an honour matter of not breaking an agreement.

Anyway - what is done is done , lets concentrate on finding a capable replacement.

14. CopperQuarterJack

Anyone read Danny Grahams message on Twitter? He said he cant comment on the interest in him tonight. Never denid anything did he??

15. alswan

alswan Member

Watford fans stating there is a buy out clause in Graham's contract and as Brendan set up the deal to take him there it would appear we have an advantage!