1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

3 Days to go.....

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by concrete tony, Aug 5, 2015.

1. concrete tony

concrete tony Well-Known Member

no new striker, no attacking midfielder. Once again I am not seeing many goals in the team. Pretty much same midfield that struggled constantly last season. Defence improved if Kaboul stays fit.

Relegation is a real possibility. We need at least 3 new first team players in my opinion.

Fingers crossed I am completely wrong. The transfer business has simply not been good enough. I know the window is still open but we had a decent chance to get of to a good start

2. bonnybobbypark

bonnybobbypark Well-Known Member

Relegation is always a real possibility with us, but I think Mr A will see us ok

x

3. quinneristops

quinneristops Well-Known Member

Not feeling as confident as I was this morning. We still need more firepower up front and an attacking midfielder.

4. bonnybobbypark

We should go for the Human Torch out of the Fantastic 4.

Plenty of firepower there

x

concrete tony likes this.
  5. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Funny how the doom merchants never mention positives in their assessments. Say's more about the fan than the club imo. No mention of keeping a fantastic head coach, no mention of Lens, no mention of the three weeks left of the transfer, just doom and gloom. Like a Mag in disguise on the wind up. Somebody needs to take you out back with a shotgun and put you out of your misery, in the meantime i wonder what I've done to deserve somebody else's misery shoved down my throat. I thought this was going to be about the excitement of the season starting. Threads like this should have disclaimer in the title. A Grumpy Old **** Prefix.

It doesn't have to be this way if you installed a bit of balance so you bring it on yourself. Enjoy your SAFC missary

6. JustMeMan

JustMeMan Well-Known Member

there's only 7/8 clubs in the premier that won't get relegated. the rest are in a relegation battle.

7. JustMeMan

I've never seen tony make a positive post yet he not like me a happy clapper.

8. bonnybobbypark

Surely they can't relegate 12 clubs in one season?!

9. Brian Storm

I wouldn't mind if I knew before I looked it would be doom merchant post, wouldn't have stepped on here, it's like they want us to share in their misery. No thank you. I'm still optimistic.

JustMeMan likes this.
  10. JustMeMan

Dinit let them drag you down mara top 8 for us this year.

11. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No change of mood for me in spite of what's happened today with Fer.

I always start the season overdosed with optimism. Or is that delusion? Hard to tell the difference.

Anyway, whatever, still can't ****ing wait!

Brian Storm likes this.
  12. concrete tony

Oh do **** off funky! Honestly I'm not going to pretend I'm expecting a top 6 finish when I'm not. I have been positive plenty just not lately. We have had 3 lucky escapes from relegation. I'm as entitled to an opinion as any ****er else. There are plenty out there who agree with me. I don't see the positives you see. Realistically where do you see us finishing at this current moment? Grow up and get real.

Brian Storm likes this.
  13. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

Gutted about Fer, but I just have to trust it was the right decision for the right reasons. we're still looking very close to being very good. at worst solid, if relatively unspectacular, but definitely an improvement on last year.

Tony, you always pop up when there's been a bit of bad news - do you wear concrete shoes or summat? Must be something heavy weighing you down pal

14. concrete tony

I call it how I see it. Been on here a long long time, all ups and downs. Probably post most when annoyed to be fair. I'm just ****ing sick of 17th place. Want a team that entertains. We have been ****ing woeful at home for 2 seasons now. Every time you get your hopes up e.g we beat the mags we then follow it up by losing at home to Hull.

I think Kaboul is a good signing, happy with Coates, delighted we got rid of Vergini, upset we have sold wickham and Fletcher still on the books. Lens looks decent but yet to be tested in the Premier league.

Glad that Dick has stayed on but I expected more, built my hopes up and now feel the early transfer momentum has been lost. We had the 4th worst side in the prem last year and have brought in 2 extra first team players.

The last two pre seasons I was upbeat, it hardly matters what my mood is as they didn't live up to my optimism did they.

Yes the window is still open and I am praying we bring in some bloody good players. Until they come in though....

The Relic likes this.
  15. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Tony each to their own mate, but your squad has improved I reckon you have more competition for places and Defoe will benefit from a pre season and so on.

Still a few week to go to buy some players yet pal, if you still think the squad looks this bad on the 4th Sept I'd be surprised, you're being linked with some good players, no need to push the panic button yet.

concrete tony and smithy in nl like this.
  16. SC SAFC

SC SAFC Well-Known Member

Im not that confident either if im honest, and i dont get the "3 weeks left calm down " either. Our first 3/4 games could see us on to a flyer, if we have the right personnel.

Of the new signings Lens obviously has me pissing me knickers, the rest meh!

We have far to many championship standard players.

I would have felt more confident if we got Fer and or kept the spice boy. With service and a proper manager he is worth 10 +, shame he has pardew hahaha

17. MackemsRule

MackemsRule Well-Known Member

Wow I didn't realise you had been made the arbiter of what is permissible to post on a ****ing football forum, whilst I had been missing!
    If you are so upset by Tony's post just **** off to another thread.
    But you clearly enjoyed writing out your little diatribe. (Are only happy clapper posts allowed in your world?)
    A forum is just that, a forum to post your views.
    You have an opposing view post it!
    No wonder people get afraid to post their real views on here, when people like you are sitting waiting to deride them

Me I agree with the majority of what Tony has said. (Definitely one of my main disagreements would be Wickham, who I'm glad has gone.)
    I get too pissed off that we leave deals till the last second or end up making panic buys.
    The only good thing is that there is still plenty of time in the window right now.
    Oh and the nice rumour that we are in for Januzaj from Man U, now that would cheer me up no end. :p

The Relic and concrete tony like this.
  18. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

There isn't 3 days to go, Leicester couldn't beat us last season, Coates has signed, Lens is a bigger threat than WIckham, more players will come in etc, etc.

Poyet totally destroyed the confidence of the entire team whereas Advocaat has calmed everything down.

We beat Southampton, Everton & Newcastle and drew at Stoke & Arsenal in Advocaat's few games.
    During those matches we only conceded 2 goals which is excellent form.

We're not as bad as people believe imo.

Lostinvegas and RTB like this.
  19. concrete tony

It's the mag in disguise but that there is no need for. I've been posting on here since it began pretty much and used to post on606. Worry not funky won't put me off.

20. Brian Storm

And you couldn't wait to to write a little short story on my comments. He can fight his own battles.

He can post what he wants and so can I. I can vent how I want and there's jack **** you or anybody can do about it. It's not a difficult to grasp. If you don't like my posts, don't respond to them. Practice what you preach eh