1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

3 15 ripon

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by ChelseaCOE2012, Aug 17, 2019.

1. ChelseaCOE2012

ChelseaCOE2012 Well-Known Member

Been a while Gents.....

Lancelot Du Lac

Been given the nod

33/1

E/w for cover as most going 4-5 places and Bumps can happen but yard will be very disappointed if Lance doesn’t hose up today

Happy Saturday!

2. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

I've gone for Belated Breath in that one...<ok>

Good luck to all anyway...<cheers>

3. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

What does that even mean?!? Sounds like a bland cliché from the 1990’s. And who has given you this ‘nod’. Seriously, most of us grew out of stuff like this when we were 12!

Good luck with any wager you have on LDL today but why you couldn’t just tell us what YOU think rather than, as usual, wrap the whole thing up in some generic and mysterious ‘lump on’ message which hints at you being involved in some unspeakable shenanigans with stable staff I’ve no idea.

I would have paid far more heed if you told us why you fancy the beast rather than something silly like this. Read what the likes of Nassau Board post and on today’s DT Captain Pops and Grendel. That is what you should (and I think are capable) be detailing.

As We Know likes this.
  4. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

And I've gone for the money horse Great Prospector, but will have a saver on LDL :)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  5. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

That's a bit harsh Barney, you have to allow people their quirks - I for one am far too flippant, but I study the form just like anyone else. It's an open forum for people to post or not, according to their whim.

6. Paulpowersleftfoot

Paulpowersleftfoot Well-Known Member

Especially when they’ve heard a whisper

7. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

I'm on Gulliver 25/1 ew in that race but thanks for sharing Chelsea and best of luck.

I have however backed Librisa Breeze for the same yard ew at 22s on the 3:35 at Newbury

rudebwoy likes this.
  8. twistedteapot

twistedteapot Member

Fool off

9. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

Funnily enough, everytime I go racing I nod at people around the paddock when I hear a horse name mentioned. It is even better if you are wearing sunglasses and talking on the phone, everyone thinks you are a pro!!

Saf likes this.
  10. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

Too modest Nass .... we all know it's you on the other end of AOB's phone :)

11. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

Ah, listen Reebs

Chaninbar, Ste D and Reebok like this.
  12. Paulpowersleftfoot

Paulpowersleftfoot Well-Known Member

Hacked up

twistedteapot likes this.
  13. Sir Barney Chuckles

Thanks for your valued input.

Look, team, to further elaborate on what I said on Saturday morn and have said before I have no probs with these ‘I’ve been told…’ messages in the slightest provided they are fully sourced and a bit of description is added. Why in the past few weeks I’ve even described a couple of them as being ‘outstanding’.

My main gripe remains twofold. (i) as anyone who has read the media in recent weeks knows the vast majority of ‘I’ve been tolds…’ are re horses that won’t be winning (i.e, ‘lays’) so why isn’t the DT and the like full of these?!? That baffles me. For every this wins there should be 3 or 4 these won’t win – and this isn’t because of nefarious reasons, by the way, more simply because the horse is running over the wrong distance, out for a ‘prep’, running to get his handicap mark down, running in a race, on his owners insistence, that he has no chance in, etc, etc. (ii) why in the main are these ‘I’ve been tolds’ only presented on the morning or evening before the race?!? They are known well in advance (one of my rare ones was known 2 and a half months before!) so why isn’t more notice given – that was why the recent one re South Sea Pearl was so brilliant as it was reported yonks in advance of the race day.

The opening poster on here has tipped a horse in a manner that I haven’t seen done by anyone else (either in real life or on here) for 10 years +. Admittedly in the naughties this was common place and was even done by newspaper columnists usually heavily camped up as well! Perhaps it was the case then as they were more brash, flash and exuberant times were as now such language is frowned upon in Austerity / Broken / Lawless / Brexit (delete as appropriate) Britain.

But let me leave you with a pictured scene. You are stood in a betting shop or promenading down your local High Street when suddenly someone comes up to you and reports, ‘I’ve just had a text off the owner and he’s given me the nod. Says the horse will hose up. You should lump on.’ I defy anyone to say they wouldn’t quickly either cross the street or hastily move away from the nutter. You follow?!?

smokethedeadbadger likes this.
  14. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

I do fully understand what you mean, I just don't know why it bothers you so much. It's an open internet forum, free to join so it's going to attract a variety of different people. Some 'info' might be legitimate and some might just be people trying to justify their own fancies and I'm not passing any judgement about which category this thread falls into. Its free to read and to do with what you want. Just because someone says they have a fancy you don't have to back it.

Me personally if someone puts up a 'tip' on the forum, if I have time, it makes me have a look at the race a bit more in depth than I would normally and then I'll make my own mind up whether to back it or I might find something else I like in the race.

Cyclonic, Ron and Sir Barney Chuckles like this.
  15. Sir Barney Chuckles

Yep, will have to be a resolution for it to stop making my blood boil! Personally, I would pay absolutely no heed to what has been said in the opening post on this thread. But would do a lot more if he had suffixed it with what he thought as well. Something like ‘been told this but think its got too much weight’, ‘been told this but, personally, think it has a lot to do’ or ‘been told this and I think its got a great chance’.

I think a lot of people are working really hard (I don’t include myself in that list incidentally) to make this form ‘work’ and then in my view posts like the one above drag it back down again and do little more than make people roll their eyes and turn away. And yet with a bit more ‘work’ he could have made the message first class. That is perhaps the most frustrating part of the whole thing.

Anyway that’s just my view and yep will try not to make it annoy me so much in the future. Deep breaths and all that…

Ron, rudebwoy and smokethedeadbadger like this.
  16. As We Know

As We Know 1 of the top judges in Europe

:emoticon-0140-rofl:

guys been at it for years, multi account lunatic, every now and then one of the ivory horses wins and some lap it up, for some reason he needs to tell people he has inside info

last info was this very same horse, a gelding, being retired to stud after a year long handicap plot involving dettori, a lot of breeders looking for stewards cup winners

17. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

So it won at 33/1 , anything wrong with that?

Cyclonic, Realb and heisenburg like this.
  18. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

Why can't the tip be true? Who can prove that it wasn't posted in good faith? And the fact that the horse wins at cricket score odds sort of lends itself to the man's credibility.

19. As We Know

it was made up bullshit, if every tip you give has a story attached, eventually some will win, doesnt make the story true.

The story was physically impossible, that a gelding could be retired to stud at any time never mind after winning a handicap, so that proves that it couldnt have been true, not rocket science.

Simple case of following a decent sprint handicapper and it wins a big one, hes tipped that horse 20 times over the years.

20. As We Know

pulled up, absolute bluffer with a strange need to appear to have info, hes not doing it ironically or as a joke, frightening the amount of people who believe him

please log in to view this image