1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

25 years ago today

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Saf, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Problem is if you can remember the best tactics you can't unlearn how easy it is.

2. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

Older supporters can remember worse games though, Plymouth at home 1987 I think, they had just lost at home 0-7 to Chelsea and I went thinking well how many will we win this by, and no surprise we got beat 0-3 ! they had lost about 16 away games on the trot as well. Chelsea went up that season and the rest is history. 8-0 at WHU as well on the telly. but the best game was 2-0 at Newcastle in the play offs the best atmosphere was 1985 milk cup final, you had to be there to hear the supporters, Wembley had this unique sound as it was oval shape and different to listening on the telly or radio as to being there. 1990 was canny also.

3. jdsafc

jdsafc Well-Known Member

I'd give my left knacker for the early 90's team. Don Goodman for a start - class lad.
    Generally those lot did an honest days work for an honest days pay. The current crop (excluding Gooch, Honeyman and Love) are more concerned about their money than they are about the club