1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours 2024/25 Summer Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, May 9, 2024.

1. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

Tammy wasn’t even ours, who was the last one we actually owned, Kodja I guess ?

bcfcredandwhite and Supcon72 like this.
  2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

3. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

It’s hard to see he would choose Brum. For me, it’s how much it costs us in fees and wages. Anything above £2.5m and £20k a week, I’d probably pass, as he’s still not really proven enough at this level for me.

4. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

if we are to build a challenging season then we have to speculate we sold a player for £25m so .

take into consideration ASc WAGES AS MAYBE being around £12k+ for 36 month's = say £2m over 2 years ... pay ST £15k + and a fee of £4m +addons = £7 - 8m over 3 years is good business! [less than fee for ASe ! ].

5. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

You’re probably right.
    Big Dave was a hard worker and a lovely guy but sadly lacking as a striker - although apparently defenders hated playing against him he simply didnt score enough goals - which is a striker’s job!!

AshtonRed likes this.
  6. AshtonRed

I think the issue is SL isn’t willing to chuck in £20m or so most seasons anymore, therefore we pretty much need to sell just to stand still.

Supcon72 likes this.
  7. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Conway off??
    If so I wish him all the best….
    Hope he gets the big money move …
    And we make a substantial profit ….

Exclusive: Celtic, Rangers and Wolves on red alert as Bristol City prepare for Tommy Conway sale
    please log in to view this image

8. realred1952

FEE WONT BE HIGH WITH THESE 3 ........... north of border dont spend big money and WOLVES HAVE ????? MARKS!

9. Red Robin

I have a sneaky suspicion Pring will be sold as well.

10. AshtonRed

Agree, IF he goes it won’t be for big money. A big percentage sell on will probably be our best chance of getting much from our investment over the years in TC

11. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

12. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

13. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

14. Red Robin

15. AshtonRed

No pressure to sell, unless we get a really good offer and the player wants to go, I’d not sell personally, obviously if he wants to go, and the money is right we’ve not really got much choice

16. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

If Tommy gets some game time at the Euros, that will help his value increase.

17. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

18. realred1952

I have said it numerous times before why let players get to the last 12 months and then hope to sign them for longer! Especially younger players that get quite a few games in the first team in the early part of the contract.
    a 3 years plus should become a 4 years plus 1 at / before the start of the 3rd year. Built in could be a safety net for the player regarding wages based on appearances for the next years salary

eg given a 3/4 year plus 1 could be given a contract for say £15k a year basic guaranteed for 4 /5 years .. after first year based on appearances etc could go up by 5% [ say £40k pa ] on top would be performance bonuses and etc's.
    on top of that could be a "free to go" if offer of £x millions is tendered.........

lets hope he does well and is valued at £10m and goes to a prem club maybe even joining Brownhill!

19. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

I am sure you all know the well known adage of "couldn't organize a piss-up in a brewery" and I think it's about time we made it our club logo for all the world to see and it can be rang out from the rooftops. Maybe our new business plan is to sell off all of our young talents and re-invest it in players that are close to either being useless or are well past their sell by date. Just in case anyone is expecting the cash to splash when we sell off the rest of the crown jewels I think you need to look back at our terrible track record of doing what seems natural before rubbing your hands with glee for next season. The FFP is being used as a scapegoat for keeping the cash under the mattress in Guernsey and to perfectly honest I am tiring of hearing the same old guff and excuses year after damned year without ever having seen a sign that we are anywhere near the right track. Take a step back and see if you can spot the trend of firing a reputable known manager (like his style or not) and then hiring a total shot in the dark and giving him the opportunity to boost his career (only maybe in my books) by apparently having his chance to reset Bristol City on his terms (not a snowball's chance in hell). The Lansdowns rule the roost and only their take on things will ever be allowed to happen (their right I suppose) but they clearly cannot hear the crowds showing up at Ashton Gate as they become deaf when it suits them, or when someone comes up with a plan better than theirs which will almost create another fruitless managerial search. I am truly hurt by how long it has taken us to go backwards yet again and the next 2-3 months could prove just how incompetent we truly are, and I have this fear that we will sell players way below the going rate just to fill the coffers. Subsequently I expect us to trot out on day one many bricks short of a load and still without a goal scoring threat, just expecting that Cornick, Mehmeti and Wells will fill the net, rather unlike last time out. I will eat almost anything including my words if I'm wrong but again I urge you to take a look over your shoulders and make note of what has happened in the recent past based on their promises. Good luck all.

20. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Conway they’ve been trying to tie down on contract since before last summer. I think it’s been three offers but he’s refused to sign. Probably because he’s seen what his ex flat mate earns and wants a bit of it. So it’s not a case of the club not doing anything till this summer. (Remember before two summers ago he did not play first team football) So based on one good first season they have been trying to tie him down.

Pring did sign a new contract last season so will take money to sign him, and we don’t need to so would be good money for him.

As to Lansdown sitting on a nest egg, he has been loaning / funding / gifting the club 10-15m a year due to cost of trying to be competitive in this league. So to say he’s not helping is complete bollocks.
    His structure below him is ****, and remember it was him that went to Nige not Nige applied for the role, then someone below him then decided they could do it differently.
    What he has said is he wants the club to stand on its own two feet rather than chucking money in every year. Maybe he can now see build a monster it’s more difficult to sell off. Building all these teams (Football, Rugby and Basketball) separating the ground so all have to pay rent was a bad idea.

If he does manage to sell, most on here will complain that’s it’s poorly ran by some Middle Eastern or Yank.

Redprintt, raver, Red Robin and 2 others like this.