1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

2022-23 Season

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by RiverEndRick, May 30, 2022.

1. Golden Eadie 2

Golden Eadie 2 Well-Known Member

According to the Geordie Chronical if we are promoted we are obliged to buy him no matter what.

2. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

He must have the same agent as Naismith

3. SuffolkCanary

SuffolkCanary Well-Known Member

That is contrary to what Connor Southwell was reporting this week.

He also suggested that if Hayden couldn't get fit he could be sent back in January and that the club had already considered other targets

4. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

Yeah I would say it’s nigh on impossible that we are forced to buy him if he doesn’t play much.

5. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

6. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

7. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Tonight's games make the draw with Reading look a bit better. Burnley drew 1-1 with Stoke at home after having led for most of the game and I thought Watford's game against Swansea was going to be the same, but Swansea added a second goal in injury time to win 1-2. Russ Martin must be well pleased with that! <applause>

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
  8. GozoCanary

GozoCanary Well-Known Member

Yes, we've lost no ground of any of what seem to be our main contenders for an automatic slot and gained ground on a couple of them.

zogean_king likes this.
  9. Bure budgie

Bure budgie Well-Known Member

West Bromwich Albion have parted company with manager Steve Bruce after eight months in charge.

The 61-year-old ex-Manchester United defender left following the Baggies' home draw with Luton Town on Saturday.

That kept them in the Championship relegation zone, in 22nd, their lowest league position in more than 20 years.

Resurgam likes this.
  10. Golden Eadie 2

Golden Eadie 2 Well-Known Member

Just saw a headline "Todd secures win for Norwich City women". Now, I know he has long hair but..........

11. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Not going to argue with Adam.

ncgandy, zogean_king and mike555 like this.
  12. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

13. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

I read that but am less convinced by it. Looking at the larger picture, our best chance is to turn around the present situation. Neither Webber or Smith are going anywhere soon, IMO, but both need to start accepting responsibility for what is currently going wrong. Smith did so in the presser today:

"I understand the frustrations. I'm frustrated, we want to be playing great football and creating 15/16 chances every game but the reality is we're not doing that at the moment. The players are on board. We have to move forward as a football club, learning to win, learning to play the right way, and we certainly will."

Having said that, he has to make it happen on the pitch. We hear very little from Webber though, except there won't be any new players in January unless players leave. Sacking Smith now would cut deeply into our summer budget as well, making us even less competitive should we be promoted. A convincing win tomorrow would improve the situation going into the crucial match against QPR. With players returning from injury and suspension, the pressure is truly on and it needs both Smith and the players to step up big time tomorrow and the four games before the World Cup break.

14. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

MFW "How can you unconditionally support an approach that you don’t fully understand?"

Why do fans feel entitled to know everything that the club is doing or planning ?

In any other business the last thing you would do is tell your employees and customers all you plans or activities.

Of course if you're trying to break the mould there's going to be bumps along the road.

Fans of most clubs in the championship would happily swap our fans experience over the last 3 or 4 years for their's.

Having said that I do feel the club has significantly lost it's way, and for me the sacking of Farke was systematic of this, but in truth the catalyst for the loss of belief and the birth of many of our current problems, was when we sacrificed our playing philosophy on the altar of pragmatism.

Robbie BB and SuffolkCanary like this.
  15. GozoCanary

You and I often disagree, but I'm fully with you on the move to pragmatism. We don't do it well, so we may as well take a more expansive and risky approach. It's much better on the eye, too.

At the moment we look scared of our own shadows.

carrowcanario likes this.
  16. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

As long as this meeting isn't another attempt to blame fans, but is a constructive attempt to improve the atmosphere, I think this is a good move by the club.

SuffolkCanary and RiverEndRick like this.
  17. Robbie BB

Robbie BB Well-Known Member

I don't accept that the playing philosophy has changed. Farkeball was simply one implementation of the philosophy, very successful -- up to a point. But even Daniel Farke eventually accepted that we didn't have the quality of player to compete in the EPL playing that way. Does anyone really believe that the club's playing philosophy was abandoned when looking for a coach to replace Daniel Farke? There are many ways of successfully playing entertaining, attacking, possession-based, football, and anyone who bothers to research Dean Smith's managerial record knows that his teams are regularly praised for delivering precisely that -- entertaining, attacking, possession-based football.

SuffolkCanary and RiverEndRick like this.
  18. Robbie BB

Robbie BB Well-Known Member

I've listened to the interview again and I don't think Richens "blamed" the fans for anything. He simply made the point that there are occasions when the crowd can help the players and that that help is often not forthcoming.

SuffolkCanary likes this.
  19. GozoCanary

He may have been 'regularly praised' in the past for his style of play, but the past is the past. It's what he has done in his year with us that is relevant. And that has been anything but 'entertaining, attacking, possession-based football'. It has been shapeless and clueless, without any discernible pattern, and reliant on bits of individual skill to make up for the lack of an overall vision. We are politely calling it pragmatism but it looks more like hoping something turns up eventually.

Golden Eadie 2 and mike555 like this.
  20. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

Ok, but are you really saying we have the same playing philosophy now, as we had the last time we were in the championship.

If our playing philosophy hasn't changed why did we need to replace Farke? Is Farke's and Smith's playing philosophy the same, I doubt neither Farke nor Smith would agree.