1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Grand Prix thread 2020 1st Austrian Grand Prix Chat and Predictions

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by ched999uk, Jul 1, 2020.

?

Who will shake of the rust and win?

Poll closed Jul 4, 2020.
  1. Lewis Hamilton

9 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Valtteri Bottas

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. Sebastian Vettel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Charles Leclerc

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Max Verstappen

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  6. Alexander Albon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Alexander Albon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Daniel Ricciardo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Carlos Sainz

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Any Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

They don't even know what message they are trying to portray, they've just been pressurized into it like everyone else for PR. What exactly do BLM do, other than raise tens of millions, but can't give a straight answer or disclose where it's gone? It seems their goal is to defund the police in the US, I don't see how removing the police from the worst crime areas is going to help the black communities, other than the gang bangers who will have carte blanche to do what they want. The fact that cops who're openly racist are getting busted due to the body cams they have to wear seems to be ignored, or that the Native Americans are treated just as badly, I guess slavery trumps genocide.

2. Justjazz

Justjazz Well-Known Member

Is it his 23rd? Well remembered. For those who have forgotten, his car number is 23, his birthday is the 23rd and I figured he had a test with Redbull (senior team) on the 23rd (the later is pure speculation). He has Max to contend with in the next race but based on the concern about the Merc gearbox there may be reliability problems with Merc. Fingers crossed for the prophecy, that would be sweet.

3. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

he is also 23 years old. Edit: oh actually he is 24 now. Maybe he was going to be 23 in normal 2020 season

4. Justjazz

Yes, he was. I think it will be tough thus weekend if the reliability of Merc is resolved and Max does not have another DNF.

5. Justjazz

I have just watched the news and Bianca Williams and her partner. Black, in a black car, parking outside their house and the police see fit to handcuff them, no charges just stop and search. ***k that, the police have the audacity to defend their officers actions. The police should be ashamed of their action. It takes a lot to get me angry but I am.

6. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

are they the people who jumped the red-light, drove on the wrong-side of the road then, when flashed to stop, decided to speed all the way home first?

I guess they can be fortunate this didn;t happen to them

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  7. Justjazz

That wasn't their version. Will watch with interest.

8. SgtBhaji

SgtBhaji Well-Known Member

On the plus side.. we don't have to wait long for the next ding-dong battle. That one whet my appetite quite a bit.

Number 1 Jasper and Justjazz like this.
  9. eddie_squidd

eddie_squidd Well-Known Member

10. Quite Possibly Raving

Quite Possibly Raving Well-Known Member

Pretty much how I saw this, too. Thought it was a slam dunk at first, but the more I compare it to other attempts at the same corner - e.g. Hamilton attempted overtake on Albon on lap 1 and a McClaren (not sure which) taking Perez later on - the more I think Albon was far too tight and should have used more of the track and made the attempt less risky. Silly given he had time and the tyres to get ahead of Hamilton and Bottas. Harsh penalty in the end, but Hamilton took is reasonably well and Albon suffered the worse punishment overall.

As for the race overall, I thought it was great to be back, and good fun. I did wonder if three DRS zones was one too many? Early on in the race I felt like some cars were able to open the DRS for what felt like half a race.

Delighted to see McClaren going so far. It's made me really look forward to the rule changes.