1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

2017 Wish List

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Smithers, May 12, 2015.

1. Sportista

Sportista Well-Known Member

I missed this the other day, but it's a fantastic point. Homogenising the tracks has meant the competitive order is essentially the same at every round. I loved old Hockenheim, from the point of view that a car could be useless at Barcelona and fantastic there. Only Monza and Monaco really stand out from the crowd today and although I'd say Monza is more standard than the old Hockenheim was, if we lose that we'll have virtually no variation.

2. Mr.B

Mr.B Well-Known Member

... like Eddie Jordan.

El_Bando likes this.
  3. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I like the idea of a short sprint race on a Saturday to decide the gird for Sunday - assuming that remains a full GP. I'm still unsure how the grid for the quali race would be decided though?

Discussions to shake up the race weekend format from 2017 remain ongoing, according toBernie Ecclestone, although the F1 supremo admits the sport's powerbrokers will now have to tread carefully after the elimination qualifying debacle:
    "We’ve been looking," he toldSky F1. "Basically more the qualifying than anything.
    "Maybe having a race on the Saturday which would count instead of qualifying, for example. We’re looking at all these things, which would be for next year obviously. We’ve made a big enough muck up to do that for this year so must not do that again."

4. ched999uk

ched999uk Well-Known Member

Maybe the grid should be reverse championship? That would spice things up at the start of 'quali'. Then again would effectively a 1hr sprint be enough for the grid to be un-reversed, maybe, maybe not :emoticon-0105-wink: might be a fun test.

5. Smithers

Forum Moderator

6. Smithers

Forum Moderator

A sprint race by definition should be short, so maybe a 20-30 min race?

ched999uk likes this.
  7. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

so a race to decide qualifying, how do we decide the starting positions for that race? You can't reverse the grid for the same reasons they won't reverse it for the race, the first corner pile-up.