1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread 2017/18 Premier League, Cups & Euro Watch

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by RogerisontheHunt, Jul 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

I agree with a lot of that. I do think you're on very shaky ground though if you have to wait to see if a party is offended after you've said [or chanted] something in order for it to be deemed racist. Generally speaking it's pretty obvious what a 'racist' statement/comment/joke might be. You don't need to study the subject in order to act appropriately and with common sense and decency, I think we can all agree on that.

2. Klopp's Mannschaft

Klopp's Mannschaft Well-Known Member

But then a comment to one person might be laughed off whilst the same comment to another would be result in cries of racism.

It's all daft. Pretty sure Lukaku isn't going to be offended by people claiming he's got a massive wang either <doh>

3. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

Wtf have I wandered into lmao <laugh><laugh><laugh>

4. saintKlopp

Welcome to our world.

Bumps likes this.
  5. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

Following his conviction Rooney has now opened up an 8 point lead over his employers.

6. Lucaaas

Lucaaas Well-Known Member

100% only photo these guys have looked normal in.

7. carlthejackal

carlthejackal Well-Known Member

At the risk of perpetuating this debate, the problem Lukaku might have is that the same people who chant about his wang have probably views about his other (also unknown) qualities which are less flattering : perhaps his intelligence, his leadership skills, his team work, his loyalty etc. according to their prejudices and to their preconceived ideas.

Good article in the Times today by Matthew Syed.

Tobes and Page_Moss_Kopite like this.
  8. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

Good point(s), but MUFC, The FA and the anti-racism campaigners can't stop Utd fans singing the song on trains, coaches or in the street or pubs on their way to games, I bet if it's sung again at OT there'll be no arrests made.

carlthejackal likes this.
  9. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Phil Neville has called Rooney brace for playing against united after his drink drive issues.

Jesus Christ, is neville really that dumb or so all footballers just have no perspective of the real world?

10. carlthejackal

Good point. But then the FA wouldn't give a damn about what's being sung on trains as they don't come under their area of "responsibility" like football grounds. They could threaten banning the people who chant in their grounds but not the trains.

11. Page_Moss_Kopite

Yeah I know that Carl, my point being that pre-match or afterwards home or away the boozers the mancs frequent or the transport they travel on could be bouncing to that song and nothing will be done, if it's racism it doesn't matter where it happens it's still what it is, but why should the law only be upheld inside football grounds?

12. moreinjuredthanowen

i presume your intent is to say really it ought to be rather than its pointless to do it in football ground while its allowed elsewhere?

MY view would be yes, zero tolerance is the way to go on many things. its all public order offences that can and should be policed but are not. IMO mainly as its like a tidal wave of them for police.

Examples are: drinking in streets, brawling, pissing all ove rthe place, threatening behaviour, drug taking openly. You'd almost feel sorry for the cops... almost.

13. Page_Moss_Kopite

No, what I mean is, the FA don't decide the laws on racism, so if the song is deemed to be racist in law anyone in or out of football grounds caught singing it should be charged if caught.

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  14. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

Yup <ok>

Page_Moss_Kopite likes this.
  15. moreinjuredthanowen

Totally agree.

16. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

I see Real Madrid got beat at home last night by Real Betis, a 94th minute header from Sanabria. Who put the cross in?......Antonio Barragan

17. Page_Moss_Kopite

Just read another of Maureen's babbling views, this time on the League Cup, he would like the competition scrapped to give his players more time to be fresh for the CL, he also states how much he loves the competition and respects his opponents.<laugh>
    The bellend doesn't know the meaning of the word respect, as per the bbc football dept ain't got the bollocks to ask pertinent questions like, "would you feel okay if your suggestion meant the death of clubs in the lower echelons of the game", "is your club prepared to compensate lower league clubs if they agree to your suggestion" and finally " Jose you are in no position to make decisions or suggestions that could change the face of the game in England, the governing body make the decisions"

18. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

He could just play a youth/reverse team and rest his senior players, if they win do it again next round, if they lose... so what he wants out of the competition anyway

19. carlthejackal

To be fair to him, he is one of the very few managers who actually takes it seriously. :bandit: He's put out a strong team despite changing his first team and he got asked a straight question which he answered honestly. Of course it causes less freshness but he said he will try to win it because it exists.

20. Page_Moss_Kopite

He put out a strong team because Utd have strength in depth, and Burton never had much chance if any of pulling a result out of the hat Roger, as Carl says, he, like managers of other clubs has the option to play squad players in the competition (which he did and they won)but instead of leaving it at that he wants the competition scrapped, if that had happened this season the players that got a game last night would be less fresh if called upon later in the season due to sitting on the bench.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.