1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Grand Prix thread 2015 USA Grand Prix Chat and Predictions

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by EternalMSC, Oct 19, 2015.

?

Who Will Wear a Stupid Hat At The End?

Poll closed Oct 24, 2015.
  1. Lewis Hamilton

73.9%
  2. Sebastian Vettel

4.3%
  3. Nico Rosberg

8.7%
  4. Kimi Raikkonen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Valtteri Bottas

4.3%
  6. Felipe Massa

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Daniil Kvyat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Daniel Ricciardo

4.3%
  9. Sergio Perez

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. OTHER: PLEASE STATE

4.3%
  1. taeleon

taeleon Well-Known Member

With the whole cap throwing thing, I think Lewis was throwing it to Nico more than at him as he also passed the 3rd place one to Vettel, so just appeared to be giving them out from the table as they were stacked together. Though I can see how Nico may take it as rubbing it in though Lewis looked genuinely surprised to see it come flying back at him lol. The look and glare on Paddys face towards Nico after it happened says a lot also.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12472/10044047/watch-nico-rosberg-throws-cap-back-at-lewis-hamilton

Max Whiplash likes this.
  2. Justjazz

Justjazz Well-Known Member

I noticed the look on Paddy's face but I think it more a case that Nico was annoyed with himself.
    Now, all this talk of Aryton is rubbish. What Lewis has really been chasing is Vettel. Same generation of drivers, Vettel with 4 championships to Lewis's 1 meant Lewis was unlikely to be remember as a great. Now he can see being equal on scores with Vettel in the not too distant future. This is why he is comfortable with himself more than any other reason. He knows he made a good call three years ago too.

Max Whiplash likes this.
  3. cosicave

cosicave Well-Known Member

Epic.

EternalMSC and dhel like this.
  4. SgtBhaji

SgtBhaji Well-Known Member

So I've had a few hours to digest the race and the outcome and specifically what might be viewed as an unsportsmanlike reaction from Rosberg... Although it's nice to see some gentlemanly behavior post battle from drivers, I think if Rosberg had done that today then he might as well have just rolled over for every future battle.

He wasn't happy, he showed it and good on him.

u408379965 likes this.
  5. u408379965

u408379965 Well-Known Member

The "Who will wear a stupid hat" question in the poll seems so much funnier after seeing Rosberg petulantly throw his at Hamilton.

EternalMSC and SgtBhaji like this.
  6. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

Nico was much nicer when Lewis won the title last year

7. u408379965

u408379965 Well-Known Member

Hulk's been cleared of any wrongdoing over his collision with Ricciardo because his front wing failed in the braking zone.

8. JonnyBaws

JonnyBaws Well-Known Member

Said so on twatter last night, Rosberg is morphing (if not completed the process) into Webber with a touch of Massa, #2 to their much better team mate!
    We all know and I'm pretty certain Merc management know that Lewis is their #1 and should Rosberg not toe the party line next year, which appears he may not want to, then think come 2017, Rosberg could be in a different team!
    If I was Merc, I'd jump the gun and try to snap up the likes of Max or Carlos!!
    22-10 down in terms of race wins since 2013 says it all, yesterdays move into turn1 was a bit harsh, but another example of Rosberg coming off second best in 1-2-1 combat.. he did pull a great move on Hamilton later in the race but by then, Hamilton's tyres were shot...

9. Justjazz

I am with you on this one. Rosberg has always been just a bit too nice as a person and if he wants to win more races he has got to get a bit more nasty. He should turn his mood yesterday into a positive result, more aggressive approach on the track, not just fast. I admire what Lewis has achieved but I want to see Nico make this race a defining moment for himself, more aggression from Nico please.

10. JonnyBaws

Hamilton is Merc's golden child, he came and they won WDC and WCC, yes Nico played his part, but they bought Lewis to be their #1 (even though it may not say so officially), Would love to see Nico up his game but if he over steps and damages Hamilton and in turn Mercs chances of winning races/constructors champs then I could see him getting his P45.. what is unfair is that when Hamilton pulls out a "firm" and at times, over the line move on Rosberg, nothing is said, or if it is, to a lesser extent!
    Can see Merc putting even more eggs in Lewis basket next season.. given the emergence of Vettel and Ferrari, they know and to be fair, most of us know, that if they want to beat that combo, the most likely person to do it is Hamilton not Rosberg...

happyal likes this.

11. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Nico deserves criticism for allowing himself to be positioned. However, he is stuck between a Rock and a hard place, Lewis is abusing his position (or the teams position) of what is allowed between team mates - the only way Nico can respond is by contact - but Lewis knows he won't. I don't blame him.

Nico races to different rules (in his own head probably) and that was evident when he overtook Lewis, he had the perfect opportunity to properly hang him out, but he didn't. Their differing approaches are the fault of the vagueness of "crowding" and "a cars width" and the refusal to police the first lap correctly.

I actually don't see anything particularly wrong with the first corner, what do you expect if you are on the outside? If Nico starts to turn in on him in the future and damages Lewis's car then maybe Lewis would afford other drivers the same cars width as he expects himself.

12. Smithers

Forum Moderator

I suppose the question is how many times has Lewis kindly thrown a cap to a competitor all season? I'm sure Nico was more than capable of collecting his own cap when he was good and ready.

Unless you've been in a race control environment after a race people can't comment, but from my experience there is such a thing as ungratuitous condolence. Let's all be honest, that relationship is broken beyond repair - there is no innocence on either side.

13. EternalMSC

EternalMSC Well-Known Member

Yeah looking back after a good nights sleep. There was no need for that from Lewis, Nico was probably deep in his thoughts trying to stitch up his broken confidence. Salt in the wounds from Lewis, no need.

14. Smithers

Forum Moderator

In relation to driving standards or what is acceptable:

15. EternalMSC

EternalMSC Well-Known Member

Raikkonen had the dirty from Max yesterday to be fair. He was pulling off some ace overtakes beforehand, just behind Seb. Then simply got caught out by the rain, like half of the grid. We can be harsh on Kimi at times.

16. Smithers

Forum Moderator

Thoughts?

With three races still to go, Wolff is well aware that the focus for his team can now switch to 2016, but in the meantime some fun can be had.

Speaking to Motorsport.com about what to expect over the rest of the campaign, Wolff said: "Full blast, free racing, no worries – and enjoy the races.

"It's a very comfortable situation. But I don't know what to expect, I have never had the experience.

"I am not sure if it is going to be nice, but at least the championship is done. That is why I am already thinking of 2016."

17. JonnyBaws

As long as it doesn't rain, expect the Williams to have a good race at Mexico, Brazil.. they ran well at Abu Dhabi last year too..
    Lotus and Force India with the Merc donkey in the back should go well too..
    Ferrari will be strong in the remaining races..
    Merc will obviously be the ones to beat..
    Hoping the remainder of the races are more US Grand Prix rather than Singapoure Grand Prix!

18. Max Whiplash

Max Whiplash Well-Known Member

I think the media stuff about Senna is largely because Lewis always made much of wanting to emulate his hero and for the media this makes an emotional connection with the audience; I think they were doing something similar for Vettel with Schumacher back when Seb was winning the title year after year. Also, the conclusion of the championship is naturally a time for reflection, looking back and, furthermore, the media love to invoke the emotional power of a dead star, to put it bluntly. I fully expect the media to hype up a Lewis vs Seb rivalry from the start of next season as that would also be the natural media thing to do.

19. JonnyBaws

They won't need to hype it up too much, if Ferrari continue to progress at 2015 rates (obviously Merc will continue to develop too), then us long suffering fans could finally have a decent season of wheel to wheel racing... at the front of the grid rather than the midfield battles..
    If Ferrari start strong and Nico doesn't, can see them (Merc) being more "obvious" in their treating of Nico has the #2 driver..
    It's up to Nico to start the 2016 season strong, because you can be certain, they won't tell Hamilton to back off!

ched999uk likes this.
  20. Justjazz

Absolutely. This is a great opportunity for Nico to push back against Lewis, show he has aggression and can win without mistakes. It is the only way he can stop becoming a number 2 driver needing to justify his moves. He can set the expectation for next year both with Lewis and the team. If he can't do this he can at least console himself with being a good dad, which I suspect he is.

Mr.B likes this.