1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread 2015/16 Premier League, Cups & Euro Watch

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by InFrancroatiaWeTrust, Jul 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moreinjuredthanowen

both teams this year played 4231

On this years performances... taking all in to account... the back 5 looks ok.

I think to have that 3 in midfield is a bit much though... seriously.. coutinho's not been consistent. Mr van gaal however has ****ed them up time and again forcing sweinsteiger and felliani in and ignoring others. If we had a player like morgan he'd be in there. Certinaly ahead of henderson IMO and if we were picking a full fit LFc team would klopp leave out henderson or can? i don't think so.

Up front... firmino's done well recently he's had good fun in the last few months but Mata is utd's best player if van gaal stops lumping the ball at side show for 5 minutes. theres a case to be made there

we've done well in 2016 but that ignores a half season prior to that. Martial deserves a spot, Sturride has 1 in 2... he's done well once he's got in.. but thats like saying oh lukaku was excellent after scoring 18 goals up to first half of year then doing nothing.
    On this years viewing rooney would not be in there.. however thats not to say next year he won't be. he needs a manager to build a proper side with proper tactics.

2. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

Just to pick up on the Rooney point. You're way over estimating him here MITO.

He's lazy so we'd lose out on defending from the front. He sprays the odd Hollywood pass about, other than that he's a washed up old striker trying to play a role he's not suited too.

No way would I want him, sorry but that's my opinion. And Fact :bandit:

3. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Rooney is ****. Most overrated English player ever and he's been unbelievably **** for the past few years. Mata whilst technical is a different type to Firmino and Coutinho and i wouldn't class as better (horse for courses).
    Schneiderlin is more intelligent and disciplined than your midfielders, not sure i would class him as better than can or milner though

4. Skylarker

MITO's living in the past :bandit:

BobbyD likes this.
  5. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Well he was missing for the 1st half of this season remember!

6. Skylarker

Turned up when we started playing well <whistle>

7. moreinjuredthanowen

just cos he's over hyped doesn't mean hes not vital to utd.

honeslty he's past his best IMO and a yard of pace gone but he could end up their ray kennedy :bandit: and play CM.

He's still despite being called **** scored a decent haul of goals even with van gaal holding him back. he's gone from 34 goals to 16 under the awful moyes, then 19 and 14 under van gaal with actually quite a few injures and now 14 this year so far... noting that thats < 40 games per year too.

Over rated? yeah he's bigged up but I am hearing a lot of bigging up of our players here and total slating off the fat C... We have to grudgingly admit he's not that bad...

Mata is extremely effective player, he's done for LFc time and again and he most lacks just that little bit of pace.

Schneiderlin can't be more intelligent and more disciplined by not better... he's a plain good player for that holding role. Can has potential but LFC have allen, lucas, stewart henderson yet we want to limit it to oh utd are **** they won't challenge etc etc i'd only take 3 for our team... blah blah <whistle>

8. moreinjuredthanowen

LFC fans have a total blockage when it comes to utd. we wish they were ****e but their total ****e is as good as our best in the league this year... and i nthe main down to a total numpty in charge.

9. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Yeah i called out the pool fans for only wanting 3 of the players. As i said with Schneiderlin, it's about preference and also i couldn't say who was better between him can and milner as they are all pretty similar in ability and effectiveness. Depending if you want more energy Milner, better defensively probably schneiderlin, a stronger player Can.

As for Rooney, he got 12 in the league last year (taking pens) and he's on 7 this season. He wastes the ball and lot and is just not effective anymore compared to when he was younger and had the strength and speed. Nowadays he's just a lump and spraying balls around. Even his touch has deserted him. You'd be the first to get on his back if he was at pool

10. moreinjuredthanowen

He was hilarious last night.....

His problem is whether he is bothered or not.

Get a new man in and you'll see... Utd have wasted his best years with moyes and van Gaal <laugh>

What all these guys wish Utd the worst are forgetting <whistle> is that Utd will only have europa next year so martial is enough.

De gea
    Darmian Smalling new cb shaw
    Schneiderlin new cm
    Lingard Mata new lw
    Martial

Then they can send this lot out in europa

Johnston
    Fonsu jones blind mcnair
    Carrick schneiderlin
    Perreria Rooney depay
    Rashford

And have lots of players left over....

Seriously... just get them Hummels, sanchez and Neymar.....

:emoticon-0140-rofl:

11. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

I have to admit that, sitting deeper, Rooney can pass a ball as good as any in the league and he can tackle too. Don't like to give the little Blueshite any credit, but there it is.

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  12. moreinjuredthanowen

<applause>

well done that man.

13. saintPort&Ginger

There's an awful lot of effort here being put into trying to persuade others of one's own point of view.
    Honestly, it's a waste of time. We all have our opinions, and a ****load of rationalising won't change them.

14. moreinjuredthanowen

you've only spotted this now <whistle>

I've only been tongue in cheek wasting time at work showing how deluded the thought that utd are total **** is.

15. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

Actually both Mito and Bobby D...you called out Astro due to his reasoning.

Mito" "their absolute ****e is better than our best" what kind of weird view is this? Both squads have a smattering of talent and a lot of "on their day" lumped with overrated over paid for plain average.

There's not one team is better than the other over all as the slight difference in points suggests...no matter who ends up in 5th in 1/2 games time.

United matched the top four teams in goals conceded this year but are midtable in scoring goals.

We matched the top four in scoring goals but are mid table in conceding.

So I say again...without bias the difference really has been 2 players at most.

Give us De Gea and them mignolet and we'd be in the top four comfortably...they'd be 8 or 9th. That's not just on stats that's watching them win and draw games simply because De Gea was in nets...even United fans admit that!

As for us playing our "best"...it's only started happening at the end of the season but the whole season is the test and we are where we deserve to be as a squad. So is United. This idea that they are so far ahead of us despite is bull ****...it makes it sound like they're ten points clear!

By all means Mito if Klopp doesn't bring any players in..plays the same first 11 as this year and finishes 9th I'll then agree with your comparison. Of course it also depends on your idea that blockhead won't be there next year....

This year both teams were mediocre...we know who in our squad needs to go, we know the type of player Klopp would like to bring in. It's not about saying LFC players are better than Uniteds...there the same average lot overall...so why would you replace just OK with just OK?...makes no sense...potenting? Mweh...I saw what I saw....I'll give you the point that LFC fans spend too long waiting for the potential in each set of new players...United are now doing the same for more expenditure...

See end of next year for true comparison and that's giving Van Gaal his full 3 years and probably half a billion spent overall.

As it stands there really is nothing between the two teams so I'll stand by only taking 3 players that would make a difference to our overall performance THIS year.

16. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

Mito a scum fan now? Why is he trying to persuade everyone that utd is good or better than us?
    De Gea will be off in the summer, Darmian is ass, as is Shaw.
    Schneiderlin is probably their best midfielder, but still not as good as the likes of Can
    Lingard is alright, but he is no Delle Alli and Martial is a good prospect.

Smalling, Mata and Martial is about it.

New GK, new RB, new LB, new CB, new wingers, new CM

17. moreinjuredthanowen

Its called joking... I have been smattering the smileys about too....

the desire to belittle utd at ever opportunity makes some look like total numpties so i was just playing a game with it.

18. moreinjuredthanowen

<laugh>

do read....

19. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  20. JonnyBaws

JonnyBaws Well-Known Member

I'd have our sunrise, manc midday and a lovely Mersey sunset...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.