1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread 2015/16 Premier League, Cups & Euro Watch

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by InFrancroatiaWeTrust, Jul 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saintPort&Ginger

Never watched 'em, but it isn't easy to turn yourself on and off anyway.
    Apart from the rumours I don't really know what was going on with the Chavs for the first half of the season but it wasn't a communal loss of form. The only one of their top players I have any respect for after that mangy attitude is Willian, who at least kept trying.

Diego likes this.
  2. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

How could you want Utd to win? <grr>

#greed <laugh>

Zanjinho likes this.
  3. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Deffo. Class act.

Diego likes this.
  4. Lucaaas

Lucaaas Well-Known Member

I don't think the bit about losing his form for Belgium is true. He scored 4 in 4 in the qualifiers that have happened this season.

5. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Scoring goals does not always equate to playing well, he was well off his best in all the international games he played this season.

EDIT, All the games I actually watched/saw highlights of.

6. BobbyD

BobbyD President

so who in that liverpool team is not great?

You think that you have 9 player better than uniteds, yet united have been **** all season and you guys are even behind them. You probably think you have better depth too but again, you've been behind this shocking united team (in terms of their footy and team ethics) under a shocking manager for 2 seasons!

7. Skylarker

None then <ok>

Lucaaas likes this.
  8. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

I think that's a full ball snooker mate

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  9. BobbyD

BobbyD President

very rich when you have had sturridge suarez gerrard and sterling diving around in the past. You would love herrera to win you some penalties and become a legend (if he played for you)

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  10. Skylarker

How's it harsh? I'd say exactly the same about any other player!!

It's true, he's a little snide.

Don't get all historical FFS!! <laugh>

Page_Moss_Kopite likes this.

11. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Absolutely agree. I've been slating him since he got here. He could be such a worldy player but he just doesn't do it enough. Even in the year we won the league and he played a massive part, he could be so much better. He has this really annoying habit of not trying to take his man on enough, wanting to beat his man over and over again, holding the ball up for ages rather than playing an easy through ball and just trying to do his man by stopping completely and then starting again.

Also he's not that great of a striker of the ball. I would much prefer Coutinho over him although couts is going that way a bit in that hes stopped his awesome throughballs (still has it every now and again) and loves to dribble inside and shoot (at least he shoots, hazard just dribbles around).

Martial is class though.

12. Lucaaas

Since Klopp joined we've got a higher PPG ratio than Man Utd while contending with a run to the Carling cup and Europa league final <ok>

jenners04 and terrifictraore like this.
  13. Prince Knut

Well I'm off to bed. Feeling sorry for Uniturd, so I'll just hope that they don't get beaten and/or snubbed by another signing today. <peacedove>

14. InFrancroatiaWeTrust

InFrancroatiaWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

I just wanted them to be winning long enough for me to win some money :(

Plus doesn't bother me if United got CL football.. think would be funny if City didn't though.

15. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Hmmm think you are clutching at straws. United have 47 points in 30 games since van gaal joined whereas klippoty klopp is 46 in 29 so you are about par. Are you basically saying with a "superior" squad (thats my debate with astro) and a special manager that kloppo is only managing to do what mr pass pass pass louis os achieving?

United also had campaigns in the europey and a run to the fa cup finals alongside the biggest decimation of their squad due to injuries....

16. InFrancroatiaWeTrust

InFrancroatiaWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

LVG has had 2 seasons and spent 200m on his own players... Klopp joined mid year with a bunch of players who had given up under Rodgers. Not much of a fair comparison like <ok>

And I wasn't going to bring up injuries, but as you tried using it as an excuse for LVG I will... We've only had a settled CB pairing for the last couple months because one of Lovren/Skrtel/Sakho has been injured throughout the season at some point... Can has been out, Hendo has been out, Allen has been out, that's 3 of the 5 CM's we have in the squad.. oh and we lost Surridge, the 2nd best striker in the league for 75% of the campaign <ok>

United lost Shaw, Jones for long period, other than that, not really much damage to their squad.

jenners04 and Page_Moss_Kopite like this.
  17. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

Not to mention Ings & Gomez both for almost the whole season (all of Klopp's tenure). Also Origi has been in and out and Flanagan has just come back.

18. Prince Knut

Klopp did get Caulker though.

19. Lucaaas

We have proved that when we have a full compliment of players that our first XI is stronger than Man Utd;s and comfortably knocked them out of Europe this season. Even in the 1-0 loss at Anfield we were easily the best team and should've won had we taken our chances (though that's what happens when you don't have a Sturridge type available).

I don't think either of you can actually prove each other wrong though, its all a matter of opinion. One season Schneiderlin is the next Makelele this season he's looked ridiculously average. Last season Lovren was a joke now he's one of the form PL defenders. The only players who have constantly put in quality performances this season for either of the teams when played are De Gea, Clyne, Smalling, Can, Firmino, Martial & Coutinho which shows why we are both so low in the table when we have so little consistently good performers over the season. The rest of the players are either injury prone like Sturridge or just a bit meh, really. Like who cares whether you have Moreno or Rojo in the side? Neither of them can defend.

PS - You do know we've had more injuries than Man Utd this season, right? And had to play more games, more European travel and more extra time...

jenners04 and Page_Moss_Kopite like this.
  20. astro

astro Well-Known Member

In case you forgot we sacked our manager because of the poor results at the start of the season. Then we reached a cup final. Then we reached a European final. And we can still finish with more points than Man Utd.

But if LVG keeps his job because spending £300m and getting the same points as a club that sacked their manager mid-season is a massive achievement then I won't complain <ok>

* Record Points Total likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.