1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

2012 UBS Chinese GP Chat and Predictions Thread

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by genjigonzales, Apr 8, 2012.

?

Who'll fly high in Shanghai?

Poll closed Apr 13, 2012.
  1. Fernando Alonso

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Lewis Hamilton

47.9%
  3. Jenson Button

31.3%
  4. Mark Webber

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Sergio Perez

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Sebastian Vettel

8.3%
  7. Kimi Räikkönen

2.1%
  8. Bruno Senna

4.2%
  9. Kamui Kobayashi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Paul di Resta

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Jean-Eric Vergne

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Daniel Ricciardo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Nico Hulkenberg

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Michael Schumacher

6.3%
  15. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think the BBc team last year was just about right, all the split has done is create 2 unbalanced commentary teams that are nowhere near as good as last term! WTF are Damon and Georgie doing there and Davidson is wasted!

2. WestCoastBoogaloo

WestCoastBoogaloo Well-Known Member

Agree with all of that apart from Damon, he's just there to add his two pence. He'll ease into the job gradually.

3. Max Whiplash

Max Whiplash Well-Known Member

I thought Brundle had been beaten into submission by the overbearing inanity of the man who calls himself 'Crofty'; he was a much better fit with Coulthard. Allen and Alguersuari on 5 Live are very good together.

4. u408379965

u408379965 Well-Known Member

Agree with both of these. I think Hill replacing EJ (based on last year's BBC team) and James Allen commentating with Brundle would've been perfect for me. Been impressed with Nathalie Pinkham though, she never seemed to do anything on the Beeb but she's good on Sky.

5. genjigonzales

genjigonzales Active Member

She is quite good and I never noticed her on the BBC either, only on Twitter. Was she part of the 5Live team?

Hill seems to suffer from what a lot of the transferred team do - they're a bit like deer caught in headlights. I don't know if Sky is more forbidding for being commercial but it's taking them a long time to settle down. Friday's F1 Show was just as awkward and uncomfortable as the first one (aside: classic moment of complete incomprehension from Thompson when Patrick Head gave his opinion on the effects of Ferrari's pull-rod front suspension) - it's like watching KYTV. Hill used to be quite charming as a driver but he made a godawful guest commentator and he's not much better as TV pundit. For all his idiocy and incomprehensibility, Jordan's far more interesting to watch.

I'm happy to wait and see with Ben Edwards. He hasn't offended me so far and I've heard him before anyway. He's an awful lot better than Legard and Croft up to now but I hope he gets good, quick at working out what's being said on the pit radios. Off the bat, Allen and Coulthard would be the best combination in my opinion, of everyone who's available on both channels, but the current BBC combination might turn out to be my favourite.

6. Delete Me

Delete Me Well-Known Member

Sky needs somebody who has run their own team in F1, it's looking "too" driver orientated (Brundle, Davidson, Hill). You need somebody like Eddie to just say: "The guy was a plank, plain and simple, you guys get away with enough when racing around like idiots". Hell I might just vote Flavio in to see what would come out of his mouth when somebody messed up.

Brundle: "Well I think it was a racing...."

Flavio: "My sweaty arse was that a racing incident, you can clearly see my Alonso did nothing wrong. They need to fire that back marker for just being a moron."

Damon: .......

Hill just looks out of place, he keeps looking at the camera when Brundle and Lazenby are talking to each other, it's like he doesn't exsist. What's the point of him being there? we got already got 2 drivers, why do we need 3?

Kravitz is already flexing his muscles against Thompson, with the occasional interruption before she gets the chance to talk. Thompson is quickly becoming expendable in my opinion as it looks like Ted could do that role by himself on the F1 show.

Croft needs to sit back and let Brundle take charge.

If I was the director:

Save: Brundle, Davidson, Kravitz, Pinkham, Lazenby.

Lesser role: Croft, Hill. (Not fitting in well to their role)

"Moved on": Thompson, Slater. (Both highly annoying!)

7. RoadRunner

RoadRunner Well-Known Member

I've never actually seen Eddie Jordan's coverage; what does he do and say?

8. genjigonzales

It's pretty convincing. Strands of grey and everything.

[video=youtube;aCqGZFe1OWI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCqGZFe1OWI[/video]​

9. cosicave

cosicave Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I've voted on this for previous races but if China's Grand Prix is dry, I think Hamilton will have a good claim on it.

10. TomTom94

TomTom94 Well-Known Member

Sky getting Flavio. <laugh>

"Now you see, if I was running Ferrari, I would tell Felipe just to crash. It is easier. Saves everyone time and money. Safety car comes out, Alonso takes lead, BOOM. Paycheck."

11. Delete Me

If Sky got Flavio they would make Eddie look like Einstein within a month!

You need that kind of controversy in the team that will step over the line more than once a weekend. If everybody sounded the same with regard to opinion, there's no debate and these aftershows in my viewpoint becomes pointless.

I wouldn't care if Seb got a ribbing every weekend for being a pillock, as long as I know somebody will disagree with the ****er rather than nod and agree.

12. cosicave

cosicave Well-Known Member

<laugh> Hahahaha&#8230;

13. genjigonzales

The Anthony Davidson Guide to Shanghai, part 1, in which Anthony waxes prosaic about body-clocks, accommodation, leaving enough time to get to the circuit from the hotel, and how big the circuit is (but then, aren't they all, Anthony?):

Challenge!

14. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

Ive gone for Hamilton 3rd time in a row. =/

15. genjigonzales

Ferrari's pre-Shanghai Racing News:

[video=youtube;EeI_MwuxRfo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeI_MwuxRfo[/video]​

16. CaptainHook

CaptainHook Member

i've gone for lewis but i would like JB to win it like i do every race, but i think hamilton has a lot to prove this season.

17. Eat Sleep Watch F1 Repeat

Anyone else here not want a wet race? Maybe except Ferrari or Sauber fans..............

18. BrightLampShade

BrightLampShade Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Gone for Hamilton to win. Think he has the highest chance out of everyone, but thats still only around 40% in my mind.

19. Delete Me

You should add Red Bull and Lotus fans as well.

20. genjigonzales

I never want a wet race. Maybe with Vettel's dominance last season I appreciated them more for breaking the monotony but I always want to see the cars driven in the conditions they were designed for. The Chinese GP looks like it will be affected by rain and that's disappointing because I want to see how the cars compare on a normal circuit in dry conditions.