1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

2011/12 Season

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by roscafre, Aug 12, 2011.

1. roscafre

roscafre Active Member

Reading through the pundits reviews,on league positions for the upcoming season,
    the majority do not put us in a top 10 finishing position,a little disconcerting,
    but that is their opinion.
    This could be sitting on the fence, but I personally do not want to comment,
    or make a forecast until I have seen the results of our first 4 games.
    Gentleman your views on this topic. :emoticon-0107-sweat.

2. WhatDoesWoyWant?

Likewise, would be hard to make a call, especially with the potential of more mid-week games.

Will be a tough call

3. frogman27

frogman27 Member

I do not care for the pundits opinions, they said we would go down and ended up in a European Final. Pundits never understand a club as much as the fans who live and breath their club. We have a better squad this year, more rounded and gives us options to change a game. A manager who likes goals, whilst a manager who has inherited one of the strongest defences outside of the top 4 . I think we will do really well this year, the players seem happy the vibe around the club is positive. For me a top 10 finish os well within our sights, especially if we can keep players fit. Not sure if we will progress too far in Europe though, do not know why, just a feeling in my bones. I hope they are wrong. I would love a good cup run and some away wins. Surely not too much ask for !!!

4. GeraScores

GeraScores Well-Known Member

I care not much for the predictions of pundits. A top-10 finish certainly looks achievable. The EL is the big unknown in terms of our league performance: if we can beat FCDD over the next 2 legs then we get another 6 matches which takes us back to the Thursday-Sunday routine with pressures on players. Jol will still look for a couple more acquisitions this month to add depth (including a full-back).

As to the EL, it is unrealistic to expect a repeat if a year ago, but the experience does stand us in good stead and wouldn't it be great to gave a few more great nights at The Cottage, and maybe another trip away.

Hopeful as ever. C O Y W !!!!

5. toshchamberlainsmate

toshchamberlainsmate Well-Known Member

I reckon 8th-12th depending on progress in europe.

6. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

Hi Lads
    This is my first post so go easy on me.
    We will have a great season, 8th in PL, 1/4 finalists EL, and a cup final.
    MJ will make it happen quietly and with a smile which says "I told you so". A better man we could not hope for!
    Oh, you may note my thoughts on what shorts we should have! I saw Mr Haynes wearing them in the first game I saw, in 66!

7. Khadrim

Khadrim New Member

I must be one of the few supporters who are a little bit worried. Jol's teams have always seemed to lack a decent defensive unit. Hodgson had a defensive system (highly effective). Hughes had us pressing all over pitch (moderately effective). What is Jol going to employ and how well?

Even going forward I am not too positive. I reckon we will create and and score more goals, but it won't be as prolific as Jol's other teams as he had a higher calibre of forwards to use.

8. valjing

valjing Member

To progress up the league,you must score more goals than,
    you concede (obvious).
    In the past couple of seasons ok we have not scored a lot but our
    defence has been rock solid,now we have a very week right flank,which may not
    be as fortress like, as in the past.
    Bz needs to be scoring more goals, and him combined with AJ this will not happen.
    My solution, a good solid right back, and a 12/15 goal centre forward.