1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

10 years ago....

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by chelsea - over 100 years of history, Apr 30, 2015.

1. chelsea - over 100 years of history

This time 10 years ago we went to Bolton, Lamps scored twice and we were champions for the first time in 50 years. That day was perhaps the real start of the success that was to follow in the next decade.

4 titles (nearly), a champions league, a uefa cup, various domestic cups and a hell of ride.

For someone who grew up watching the club in the 80's and early 90's, yo yo-ing in the divisions, I could have never imagined such brilliant highs, nights and days and players pulling on the shirt.

So whilst we sometimes bemoan the odd bad result, negative tactical approach or some young prospect has not got the game time we'd like, lets remember how good we've had it. Truly the greatest 10 years in our history and will probably never be bettered.

:emoticon-0140-rofl:

Boring Boring Chelsea!! <party>

King Ossie64 likes this.
  2. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Overall I would have to agree.
    Its what they call first world problems <laugh>
    For all the things we would like to improve, just be thankful we are not QPR.

3. bluemoon2

bluemoon2 Well-Known Member

Happy anniversary! 10 great years and let's hope there are many more to come!

4. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Completey agree.

Take note CP and others who expect us to win every game 4-0 with homegrown kids

5. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Give it a rest EC you are becoming as predictable and boring as our football ! Everyone who disagrees with your point of view can expect snide and snippy comments, tres juvenile. Iv'e been watching since 1968 and agree with the writer.

6. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Yep, Jose out unless we play the kids v Palace and win 8-0.

Our football was fantastic 80-83, 87/8 and 91-3. We had performances like the second half v Leicester week in week out. And goals like Ramires' third were ten a penny when we had Alan Mayes and Peter Rhoades-B on the counter

7. BITKOSB

BITKOSB Active Member

To be fair, in those days our lot spent more time at the counter rather than on it.

Your examples are why I find it so difficult to understand the criticism at our current double winning champions.

We had the pi55 took right left and centre by everyone back then and now it is our turn to have the good times I will take every opportunity to have my revenge. We have stormed all before us in the league this season and they hate it, they really do.

Those that tag us boring are fcukin clueless. Have they forgotten the masters of the back pass to Clemence and Grobs? George Graham anyone? Yet these clubs are spoken about as if they were champagne sides. For those with short memories they were win at all costs sides - the very thing they try and beat us with. How odd eh?

Last edited: May 2, 2015
    Bullet tooth Tony and Blueman like this.
  8. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Very true. :emoticon-0148-yes:

9. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Golden era for us, enjoy it. It won't last forever

10. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

If that bit was true people wouldn`t be complaining <ok>

Did you never hear the chant "boring, boring Arsenal"?

11. BITKOSB

BITKOSB Active Member

No mate I didn't actually. Maybe your confused. What I do recall ringing in my ears was 1.0 to the Arsenal almost constantly. I also remember the feeling of absolute jealousy as they marched toward a league win ....... much like you lot currently.

George Graham - organised defensive unit.
    Jose Mourinho - park the bus.
    LVG - tactical genius.

As for whether we swept, brushed or merely dusted teams aside on our way to a comfortable title I'll point you in the general direction of the league table. They say it never lies.

StanDMan likes this.
  12. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

You must have been sat with the Arsenal crowd <ok>

Quite right, you have been the most consistant team by far this season. Doesn`t stop you being boring to watch :grin:

13. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

And yet we've outscored you. Scored 6 at Goodison as well. <whistle>

14. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This.

We were the bridesmaids up till 71 when we finally managed to beat the uncompromising Leeds Utd. Kings Road Cavalliers we were at the time, and had won virtually nothing since 1954, a period of Gooner, Scouser and Scummer domination through discipline and solid defending followed. now the ball is on the other foot some people have short memories or were not old enough to have experienced it. All successful sides have a dominant defence,and play with safety in mind it can seem boring to the un-educated, but hey, they would like to be where we are at the moment.

Blueman likes this.
  15. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

As usual you are the only one who has made the statements you attribute to me. That's possibly because your grasp of any statement different to your viewpoint is instantly distorted to suit your mindset. Anyway, when others criticise my posts I'll take note.