1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

“Raging” Rick Everitt isn’t universally popular

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by User deleted as requested, Oct 6, 2016.

1. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Really have no idea. All I remember is you had to go downstairs to get in.

2. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

I don't pay attention to what the airman says any more, but wouldn't go as far as to say I have no respect for those who do. Even after imminentgate there are plenty of posters on CL begging him for info. We are all guilty of believing what we want to believe at times.

3. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

4. A likeable little fella

A likeable little fella Well-Known Member

I'm also barred from the Bromley North Wetherspoons. A shame as I quite like the boozer.

5. Slackbladder

Slackbladder Well-Known Member

Seeing as I bought up the subject, I've been banned for life from Vicarage Road.

Been back there at least three times since the ban though

6. Slackbladder

Slackbladder Well-Known Member

Definite upturn in the thread now that the air has been cleared.

Not a big RE fan, but I do believe his heart's in the right place.

Beware of the virus likes this.
  7. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

I was barred from the brockley barge years ago. Never felt so low as I did being barred from a wetherspoons.

Shall we get matching tattoos?

DonCorleone likes this.
  8. Inkblot

Inkblot Active Member

I got banned from a pub in Woolwich, but then my parents relented and let me back in. <party>

9. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Interesting none of us are divulging why we were barred <laugh>.

Reckon elf’s will have the most ludicrous story.

10. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

<confused>
    No, just seen his post on CL. Good old Ken.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017

11. A likeable little fella

Why?

You first.

12. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Just a prediction. Embankment was smoking inside, Brockly barge was was a drunken row.

13. lardiman

lardiman Keep smiling through
    Forum Moderator

This is a bit like that scene in Jaws where Quint and Hooper are comparing scars, and Brody wonders whether to chip in with his appendectomy.

I've never been banned from anywhere! <wah> Not even ITTV. I'm just not bad enough...

14. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

It’s more like Clueless where Cher and Dionne compare handbags.

You’ve all seen Clueless so don’t pretend you don’t know what I’m talking about <laugh>

15. A likeable little fella

I got short changed, I commented that it would have been nice to get an apology.

I come back 1/2 hour later for another beer, and was refused with them saying I called the barman a w*****!

16. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member

I’ve seen a grenade go off in a bar in Sicily - my pants were well and truly soiled.

17. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Going to Sicily and being called @DonCorleone will result in people going for your life tbf.

Mr Sitter and DonCorleone like this.
  18. Mr Sitter

Mr Sitter Active Member

Which I don’t, as I have told you more than once, though you seem to fail to comprehend ......me blindly follow RE......how UTTERLY absurd.
    He is a very complex individual, who I find has a knack of tapping into the groundswell of Addicks emotions at any given time.....mostly he gets it right but there have been quite a few times that he hasn’t .....he’s not always right in his assertions of course, he has written hundred of thousands of words about the Addicks over many years and how could he possibly always be right.
    This latest saga re Steve Waggott is to me somewhat tiresome..... I really don’t know why he has brought it up again after so long, nothing to be gained, it’s history and anyway we have far more important issues to deal with at present.
    One of the things that irritates me about your take is that anyone who is even remotely interested in what he has to say is ridiculed by you as a person who makes you want to puke......in that case you’re most likely going to spend the rest of your days throwing up.......cause there’s a hell of a lot of them.
    He has helped us fans with a number of battles over the years, for which many of us will be eternally grateful, using VOTV to highlight things that are clearly bothering us, be it collectively or individually.
    He gets things right more than he gets them wrong but there’s no doubting that for all his high profile and opinionated views he will always court danger and will carry an inevitable amount of baggage as a result. If you repeatedly put your head above the parapet you’re unavoidably going to cop a bit of shrapnel once in awhile.
    Let’s get this clear......I DON’T blindly follow his every word and I very much doubt there’s more than a handful who do.
    I have to say you are clearly obsessed with him and you need to let go because it would appear to have robbed you of all sensible logic......in your eyes he cannot do one solitary thing right and I do mean not one.
    At the expense of repeating myself I say again......I don’t blindly follow him (and in fact I don’t know anyone who does), but he’s been a good champion of us fans over the years on many occasions.
    There’s an old adage often repeated about Winston Churchill........”Cometh the hour cometh the man.” Not that I’m alluding RE to the great man himself but he more often as not is there for the vast majority of fans as a figurehead......though for me it’s VOTV more than RE himself that I relate to.
    Kindly accept this as my final post on the subject of RE.
    I hope I’ve made myself clear.....now let’s put this matter to bed and I ask again, please stop goading me down a road I am really fed up with traveling down with you snapping at my heels for a reaction, which will lead to an inevitable tiresome stand off which pisses us both off as well as other posters.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  19. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Can’t argue with that. As said, let’s meave it there.

20. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member

<laugh>

Being serious, for all the nonsense going on, we forget how lucky we are in England. Crazy to think you can hear gunshots and cars blown up nightly in European country. And for all the bullshit politics here, Italy/Sicily is 100xworse.