1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

“Raging” Rick Everitt isn’t universally popular

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by User deleted as requested, Oct 6, 2016.

1. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

“Good day to the Good Guy”

Now - can I have my old job back

2. User deleted as requested

“The Grand Old Duke of York, he had 10,000 men” ......

3. User deleted as requested

Interesting that Rick Everitt thinks it appropriate to use Charlton Life (yet again) to air his personal vendettas against ex staff who can’t defend themselves. Interesting that the spineless Mod yet again let’s him get away with it.

Note once again the familiar Rick Everitt smear tactic ....”an ex Director told me...”

If I was Steve Waggott I would be sending Everitt a stiff solicitors letter today, knowing that RE hasn’t got a pot to p1ss in, it would be £300 well spent.

And to think we still have fans who defend Everitt after behaviour like this @Mr Sitter

7C1CF82D-7EB5-4298-9655-A47EAC9E9CB5.png

4. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Steve genuinely doesn’t give a **** about RE. I get defensive over it as I remember at the time how upsetting it was for his young son to read some of the **** RE was putting up on CL.

So when people paint RE as a hero, you’ll never convince me otherwise. Spiteful prick.

5. User deleted as requested

Everitt has achieved what he intended though, because some of his brainless disciples have latched onto the thread to keep it running. I have never known a person become so psychologically damaged by his sacking.

6. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

I’d be lying if I said it didn’t bug me that people will believe the bullshit he spouts, but I wish people would also call him on on things like throwing a **** fit when the free booze was revoked. He couldn’t deny it, as I was witness to hit first hand when he and a couple others would make snide digs at Steve, and in front of business partners #professional.

Talking about redundancies is political spin. The club had zero money and it was his job to reduce costs. Steve was with the trust when RE was around the club being run to the ground.

7. User deleted as requested

I think simple minded fans are easily led.
    Some of the comments on that thread now are embarrassing.

8. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

It’s pure character assasination. If Steve gave a **** enough about RE then he’d have a VOTV size publication of stories that would show his true character.

But it’s simple. One got a job where the other wasn’t deemed good enough. One stayed in football and has now niched himself in to roles where he stabilises clubs with financial issues, the other bangs on about Stories that never comes to fruition.

One of them has nothing to say about the other, all the while his name is dragged through the dirt. So you tell me which individual displays class whilst the other is nothing more than a bitch? Quote me on that.

ForestHillBilly likes this.
  9. User deleted as requested

As I have said before regarding Everitt, if he was that good at his job at Charlton, why didn’t he test his skills on the open market place after he was sacked?
    Instead, almost 10 years on, we get a Fanzine Editor who sells 500 copies posting this -

39F2EB7A-E160-49D3-BF9E-4BCD0941613D.png

10. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

Richard Murray wasn't responsible.

If Richard Murray wasn't responsible for Waggott's appointment .... but if it was made on Reg's recommendation .... then how is that a bad thing?

11. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

What would have been more damaging at that time - leaving Steve to get on with his job, and if he was so **** which is what is being alluded to, being found out and let go?

Or when the club is already going through a horrendous stage in its history, to go public deriding his wages, the job he does, and critique of him personally?

Steve has a good track record in football, along with a good reputation. RE was the awkward individual who would try and latch on to the conversations between SW, PE, suthers, Chris Roberts and my old man.

12. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Varney was a huge admirer of the work Steve did at the trust. Guess RE won’t admit that though as it doesn’t fit with his narrative.

13. User deleted as requested

History repeated itself with Everitt when he asked Meire for a job, and was told “no”.

Unfortunately his coterie of dim witted disciples can’t see through him.

14. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Exactly - never challenged. Then I’ll be told that RE is some sort of messiah? <laugh>.

All that **** that he and his followers put on record about Steve was seen by his family, and people at his sons school. You do the math. ****ing deplorable and it still winds me up to this day.

15. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

The mask has slipped.

16. User deleted as requested

17. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Rick had no regard for the damage that was doing to his family. He also didn’t give a **** about the club enough to moan about privileges being taken away.

And it was all because he felt entitled to a position where a collective(!!!) didn’t think he was good enough.

18. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

19. User deleted as requested

He was a fanzine editor with a big mouth who got lucky - Murray & Varney wanted him inside the tent p1ssing in. He was sacked due to his own lack of professionalism & unsuitably for the role he was given.
    Apart from his expenses on Ramsgate Council, where has he earned since?

20. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Only at Charlton would that be a plan.
    At most places people are in a tent pissing out.