1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

£20 million down the swanny?

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by -jordan-, Jun 16, 2011.

1. MUFCOK

MUFCOK Active Member

So I guess you won't begrudge Gary Neville a bit of bias then eh? Bollocks you'll be on here straight away slating him but Phil Thompson's ok because he has an excuse? His grozzy scouse accent where he spits with every sentence he makes is disgusting. He should be thrown off telly for his bias.

2. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Kind of done that already.

3. BringBackfootie

BringBackfootie New Member

And there i was thinking you knew something:) Everyone is against them, for the entire season too would you believe. Neutrals can't be against United surely as that would mean...

United have not had that so called siege mentality for years, sure everyone hated chelsea for three years, no not since they had it all thier own way, now it is shared between them and Chelsea and now City too.

4. robin_van_ fiberglass

robin_van_ fiberglass Active Member

There are loads of football fans at every club who believe the whole media is against them and supports their rivals. A more likely solution is that as our teams are very close to our hearts we become over protective and see more injustices against them than there actually are.

5. sugchesterunited

This thread is hilarious, everyone's getting a bit heated ha. At the end of the day, Henderson for £20m is overpaying by a fair bit and Liverpool were fleeced a bit... BUT he does have some potential and will probably end up as a regular England international. Phil Jones for £19.5m was also overpaying, but again he will also likely end up at a very high level.

Both transfers might pay off. It's unfair to criticise the defence that much for last night though, if they had a clear option to pass to then they wouldn't have been hoofing it upfield. Smalling has clearly shown he can pass in his United shirt this season and I believe Jones can too.

6. KingPepeReina.

KingPepeReina. Active Member

Well if Jones can pass to a team-mate,He can already do something Anderson can't...How much did he cost again...Oh yeah £20.4 million.Paying that much money for someone whose only talent is passing the ball to the opposition was really clever.Even Mark Hughhes the ''King of making dud signings'' never made one as bad as that.And he bought Lescott.

7. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

Whats even more hilarious is you basing your judgement of henderson on 2 U-21 engerland games,and in your eagerness to slate henderson you gloss over the jones non tackle on the ukranian attacker which could have lead to engerland losing.

he has'nt kicked a ball for LFC yet and as for engerland we dont give a f*ck,because our club comes first.

I could name plenty of players that never perform for their national teams(united included),but dont let that get in the way of your premature critisism of henderson.

8. KingPepeReina.

Page Moss.
    Like Rooney's ''no show'' in last summers world cup.Oops I forgot he had ''personal problems''.
    What he did does not constitute ''personal problems''Maybe Giggs will use the same excuse next season.

9. Page_Moss_Kopite

KPR

Spot on mate,but did scholes have excuses for his england demise,ah yes he blamed gerrard a lampard etc and retired.

scholes was a superb club player blah blah blah but not for his country.

your point about personal problems could also be used for personal up-heavel,like signing for a new club days before the tournament(jones has'nt set the world on fire either since his move).

their petty critisism would hold more weight if it was this time next season,but as its a new Liverpool signing they're getting their digs in far to early.

10. KingPepeReina.

Page Moss.
    For ages we've been getting ''Andy Carroll is a waste of money'' ''Andy Carroll this'' ''Andy Carroll that'.
    I made this point before.Kenny almost 20 years ago got laughed at for spending £3.5 million to Southampton for a non prolific Geordie who at the time was the same age as Andy Carroll,I'm 100% sure you know what his name is.That said player was the same build as Andy Carroll,big and awkward..and a real handful.

11. Gazautd

Gazautd Active Member

Umm..I always thought it was because he was sacrificed out of his best position by a manager with no balls..What do we know anyway,I'll leave it to Xavi,Zidane,Henry etc to quote how Scholes was the best English midfielder of our generation.Don't let scouse bias get in the way of cold facts though :emoticon-0105-wink:
    Back to the thread though..You overpaid for Henderson because he's young and British same as we overpaid for PJ.Unfortunately these are the prices clubs have to pay in this current climate.(Hence Fergie's no value in the market quote from last season..what's that??Oh we're skint thats why he's telling us that!!)

12. suarezlfc

suarezlfc Active Member

Agree with the last bit about overpriced English youngsters, but how are Xavi, Zidane and Henry's collective opinions facts? How many times have Xavi and Zidane played against Scholes? Half a dozen a piece maybe? Their opinions might be slightly more informed than ours as viewers, but they're hardly 'facts'.

13. KingPepeReina.

No-ones doubting Scholes was a top class midfielder.However he did have one massive flaw.His inability to tackle.
    You said Zidane said this and that about Scholes.Well Alan Hansen,a 3 time European Cup winner amongst other honours said Steven Gerrard is ''Greame Souness with pace''.And he played alongside Greame Souness.

14. Page_Moss_Kopite

Wheres the "bias"?

did'nt i say hes was a superb club player?

As for ZZ

He says lots of things about many players

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/mar/13/zinedine-zidane-steven-gerrard-liverpool

And henry puts gerrard up there with scholes

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...as-only-defender-to-tackle-fairly-411517.html

So i stick by my claim that scholes was never a great player for his country.

do you still stick by zz and henry's judgement.

<laugh>

15. BringBackfootie

BringBackfootie New Member

Oh dear, you don't support UNited do you, Sccholes was not the complete midfielder was he, couldn't tackle and dodgy temprament when the chips were down, he had a nasty streak too. One of the best, but I don't think there has been anyone that has been head and shoulders above the rest, and When any footballer is asked to comment on another foreign good player it is nearly always positive, the are words after all but you seem to think it is somehow proof<doh>

Agree he was good at times for England years ago but never anything on the international stage or european really, very good player, not a great, but definately a UNited great no doubt

16. the liverpool way

i think he,s reffering to jones to manure,as henderson was 16 mill

17. KingPepeReina.

Man United fans are still convinced Phil Jones only cost them £16.5 million,when Man United themselves announced that they are paying Blackburn an extra £4 million in add-ons.However they also think they are going to get £18 million in insurance money from Hargreaves because he was crocked for 3 of the last 4 seasons.

18. Constcrepe

Constcrepe Active Member

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...11/Jun/manchester-united-seal-jones-deal.aspx This is the only official Man Utd statement that I can find about the signing of Jones. It doesn't even mention a fee. KPR where is the link to the fee being £16.5 million plus an extra £4 million in add no's?

19. murray out

murray out Well-Known Member

coming from a sunderland fan henderson is a very good prospect if he plays down the right. But if he plays c.m. i can see him being a target for the boo boys. If henderson had been sold for 10m then Liverpool would still have paid over the top imo