1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

£40 million double swoop in summer?

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by FosseFilberto, Feb 18, 2016.

1. jambawamba

jambawamba Well-Known Member

Just Relax lad's, Top two will be Spurs and us! just don't know who will be top. :emoticon-0102-bigsm

2. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Does the 40 million go to 65 after we get 25 for Mahrez? Gone according to most of the press.

3. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

..why would anyone sell Mahrez for £25 M when the market dictates double for lesser players? ... Raheem Sterling ... the Press publish more bollocks than facts ... fact. :)

4. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

He had a £30M clause in his last contract so dunno how he is worth less after signing a new contract and his performances this season.

5. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

... it's all speculative cowpat ... that Barcelona will have noticed the headlines etc is not in doubt ... but again we don't NEED to sell anyone, and certainly not at a massive discount just because the scarey word Barcelona is in the sentence .... read somewhere that Mahrez is now ranked as one of the top ten performers in Europe this season ... as such any transfer price will reflect that ... dont't want to see the boy leave for a couple of seasons anyway ... but our very astute businessmen owners will be well aware of his market value and that for me is around double what is being quoted ...

This is what I think will happen - he'll sign a new contract with us - it might be 4 or 5 years - which will then enable us to get top dollar on a transfer - in exchange we will agree that we won't stand in his way should Barca, Real etc come calling - provided they meet our valuation .... everyone's a winner.

6. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Agreed. Our 'stars' (Vardy,Mahrez,Kante) all came from humble beginnings not from cushy premier league academy's (I.e sterling who you mentioned before). As such my thoughts are, would Mahrez turn down Barce to stay with us, probably not no. Would he kick off and hand in tranfer requests if we turn down joke offers, no probably not. If he is to leave, I suspect it'll be for market value

7. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Set to be an interesting summer, what with the Euros taking place and hopefully some exciting transfer activity "if" we get into the Champions League.

8. Fantastisch Herr Fuchs

Fantastisch Herr Fuchs Well-Known Member

Mahrez would be stupid to leave us for Barcelona. I would say they are one of the few clubs in the world where he wouldn't make the starting 11. He'd be a squad player, like Pedro and Sanchez, and be forced to step down a level. Obviously to be a star player for Arsenal or Chelsea (admittedly Pedro hasn't really the heights yet for Chelsea, but then again, this season, who has?) is great, and if he has someone with his best interests in his ear, those sorts of clubs are the ones we need to worry about. Personally, if he does leave, I'd want him to go abroad (PSG?) so we wouldn't have to witness him destroy our team next season!

9. Barwellfox

Barwellfox Well-Known Member

Watched bits of the Man City game last night and Dragovic looked pretty poor. Mind you, first time I watched Fuchs and Okazaki (Burton pre-season) they both looked poor.