1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

£31.6m Depay hires chef after piling on pounds

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by CFC: Champs £launderx17, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Stan

Stan Stalker

Who've they got?

Forget it, makes no difference.

2. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Already did:

http://www.olympiatoppen.no/fagomraader/idrettsernaering/fou/vektregulering/media31729.media

Page 28. "The sports nutrition literature suggests that an increase in body mass of 0.25-0.5 kg·week-1 should be a realistic goal if the added weight is mainly gain in LBM (ACSM 2009 b; Slater 2010; Houston 1999)"

Easy to find when you know what you are looking for <ok>

Now find me something that says an elite athlete can't expect to gain 275g of lean muscle mass per week over a four month period.

3. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The mighty Norwich.

Delia's gonna av them <ok>

4. Stan

Stan Stalker

A real relegation 6 pointer.

5. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ask-the-ripped-dude-how-much-muscle-can-i-put-on-naturally.html

That's the views of guys who have actually been training in the gym for years, and they have scientific evidence to back it up.

From a well recognised source bodybuilding.com the most popular bodybuilding and muscle building website in the world. I'm not even sure where your article is from, never heard of it.

Just incase you don't know 5kg translates to about 11 pounds. So you think a trained athlete can gain 11 pounds of pure muscle in just 4 months?

Unless your on something illegal, it is next to impossible and any experienced natural weightlifter/bodybuilder would agree with me :biggrin:

6. Stan

Stan Stalker

Watching the World's Strongest Man has long been a Christmas / New Year tradition in the Stan household.

7. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

But depay was carrying fat in the 1st place, he has burnt that off and converted it to muscle.
    You need to remember UK training his much harder than Dutch training.

But at the end of the day, Depay needs to sort himself out and get back into the team.

8. Stan

Stan Stalker

9. HRH Custard VC

10. Stan

Stan Stalker

The Viking! RIP

upload_2015-11-12_12-47-36.png

11. King Shergar

First of all you can't turn muscle into fat, they are complete different things.

And secondly you need to put on weight to gain muscle, which will result in fat gains. So you can't lose fat and gain muscle at the same time, unless you are a beginner in the gym. But for anyone who's been training 6 months or more it's impossible lose fat and gain muscle at the same time.

This is why all bodybuilders go through bulking and cutting phases. They bulk up to add muscle which will result in fat gains, they then go through a cutting phase to cut the fat and just maintain the muscle they have, though they won't gain any new muscle on a cut :biggrin:

12. Stan

Stan Stalker

13. HRH Custard VC

Quite right, I should have explained it better

14. King Shergar

I like strongman too, it is impressive the amount of weight they can move.

There is no drugs testing in it though, which means to be successful in it you dont only have to be a genetic monster, you also have to pump your body full of roids. Which is not great for your overall health:biggrin:

15. irdan

irdan Well-Known Member

Highly doubt you know more than me considering I'm a competitive bodybuilder and own a bodybuilding gym. But go on..

16. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I'm looking forward to next weeks thread titled Depay Sacks Chef after Pilling on Pounds.

HRH Custard VC likes this.
  17. irdan

irdan Well-Known Member

Agree with the majority of this post but someone like Depay (who is hardly developed with muscle - in bodybuilding terms as you are using for your posts) could easily pile on a few kg in 4-6months with minimal fat gain. Considering the shock of different training methods and a solid diet. Agreed a small amount with be fat gain but very minimal judging from his appearance. He is athletic not muscular so this sort of gain is plausible.

18. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

My article was from the Norwegian School of Sports Science. But I'm sure a blog written by one guy based on nothing but his own experience and some ancedcotes is much more reliable than controlled, peer reviewed academic research <ok>

Ultimately your argument still falls down on the fact that you are talking about bodybuilders and footballers are not bodybuilders. Footballers don't wake up in the morning and go "how ripped can I make myself look today", they go "how can I improve my ability to run, jump, kick, head and generally play football better.

I'm sure there's a limit to how much water saturated poser muscles you can grow in a month, but the limit is much higher when you include the full skeletal muscle system and all the smooth muscles of the cardio vascular system. Particularly for individuals experiencing a significant step up in the level and pace of the game they are playing.

Your own article points out that sprinting can increase muscle growth, but how many body builders do you think can sprint more than 100 yards without their heart exploding?

19. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Capes innit?

#withnailandi <laugh>

20. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

It's not Hard Labour in Latchford, is it? <yikes>

irdan likes this.