1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

£25m.......£30m.......£40m

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by goldeneadie, Mar 27, 2018.

1. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

That is the price, according to both the Sun and the Mirror, that City have placed on JM. The Mirror has Spurs and Chelsea leading the chase. They say that most of the top clubs have been "scouring" the player. Well, it is nearly Easter. Sun reports Liverpool and Everton also interested, plus Man City, Southhampton and Wolves. Could be an interesting few weeks in July/August. I assume that the interested clubs will bid lower but with attractive add ons.

2. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

We can only hope that the number of interested parties is true. It would definately give us a good chance at not only getting the £25m, but getting it upfront. Citeh especially seem to pay the necessary to get business done, rather than haggle and lose out. Be interesting to see what happens and if it is a top 6 club whether we can arrange a loan back option. He's good but is he first XI Man City, Chelsea or Liverpoo good yet? I don't think so.
    So given Madders will want to ensure he is playing not wasting away in the U23's, his decision on the whole thing adds an intreging subplot to the potential megabucks offers.
    £25m would be good business for us, but I don't think its an outragous fee for a British player of his ability and more importantly his potential in the current market.
    Would sincerely love to see him in a city shirt again next season, but I just can't see it. If a player can be sold for £20+m then I can't see them being on less wages than £50,000 per week (Very conservative guesstimate) and that would blow us out of the water. Madders wants to play but will also know that if he got injured in October a 5 year deal at Chelski has him set for life and a luxurious one too, not so if he stays at city.

Bah!

JM Fan likes this.
  3. SuffolkCanary

SuffolkCanary Well-Known Member

If I had to see him go anywhere it would be to Spurs, they seem to be a club that are interested in developing young players like Kane, Alli, Eriksen, Dier, Trippier, Sanchez. I also don't see them holding on to Eriksen for too much longer and could see Madders as a direct replacement for him.

zogean_king, JM Fan and KIO like this.
  4. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

In today’s market he’s worth at least £30M IMO

#ncfc #neverknowinglyundersold <doh>

P.S.

He’s currently bossing the England v Ukraine U21 game, live right now on BT Sport 1 <ok>

JM Fan likes this.
  5. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

I also think 25M is under his value.

6. Forgot_My_Lines

If they p*ss this money away as well. There will be no getting the fans back onside. This better be used in the way the fans were sold it. Selling our best players to fill their debt they created themselves is one thing, begging for help from fans who already get screwed by the club. They have to be spot on with this.

Because of this, I am hopeful this money will be used right. I also however, would not at all be surprised if this money also just disappears and we get told the club needs to sell more players.

Fingers crossed.

www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/canaries-bond-scheme-hits-5m-mark-1-5451969

KIO likes this.
  7. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

England 1-0 at HT. Madders provided the assist for the goal.

JM Fan likes this.
  8. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

And provided the assist for the first goal. :emoticon-0102-bigsm

9. RiverEndRick

Have a look above JMF. :emoticon-0105-wink:

10. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

<sorry>

RiverEndRick likes this.

11. RiverEndRick

No problem JMF. I just thought you were typing all that unnecessarily! <laugh>

Sounds like Madders had a great game though! <cheers>

12. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Yes, he keeps adding to his value and I'm just really pleased that he's turned out to be the player we were hoping Naismith would be!! <yikes>

PS - SOOO pleased I changed my Avatar over a year ago. :emoticon-0102-bigsm

13. SuffolkCanary

14. SuffolkCanary

Sorry FML, but I don't see the bond scheme as the club begging for money, it is potentially a sound investment for any fan that took part in the scheme that could make the individuals some decent profit whilst also benefitting the club

RiverEndRick and canary-dave like this.
  15. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Great post Suffolk and I can also see where FML is 'coming from'. I know all the NCFC accounts can be viewed n line etc, but other than the waste of transfer fee and salary for Naismith/pay off to AN/Moxey - WHERE has ALL the £Ms that we received from winning at Wembley gone and SURELY the board should have invested in the Academy then.

I agree with the Bond scheme and I'm just annoyed that I didn't have the chance to invest (it would have been decent for the club t have advised ST holders/members that we had to 'pre register' last week!!!). I DO share some of FML's concerns that not ALL of the money will be invested in the new look Academy, but I'm hopeful that our fears are groundless. <ok>

16. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Rates and taxes and staff wages have to be paid. That must cost a pretty penny.

17. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I'm not denying that Dave, but I'm sure we're in transfer fees 'surplus' over the last few seasons - the likes of Redmond and Jacob alone raised approx £20M, plus the income in my post, so WHERE has ALL the money GONE??????

I've just been reading the article re the Bond offer and there are ONLY 735 Bond holders investing an AVERAGE of nearly £7K!! <yikes>
    SURELY it would have been fairer to limit the initial investment to say £5K, to give more fans the chance to invest!!! Trouble is, NCFC doesn't do fair!!!! #unfair

canary-dave likes this.
  18. woodbine

woodbine Well-Known Member

If he goes to Chelsea they'll probably just loan him back to us and then loan him out to other clubs until he's forgotten about.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    RiverEndRick likes this.
  19. Forgot_My_Lines

I'd take 35M for him in the summer and have him on loan for the next 3 seasons paying 0% of his wages. I'd be ok with that. As long as there was a sell on clause, and a payment if he makes a full England cap.

zogean_king likes this.
  20. Forgot_My_Lines

Just discussing Madders on a football podcast where “slapping the £25m price tag” was mentioned. Roundly met with “Ha! Well that will put everyone off”

Which pretty much sums up what I said. He’s worth more than that.

JM Fan likes this.