1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

£200k a week for Raheem 'Many Kids' Sterling

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by UnitedinRed, Jul 12, 2015.

1. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

My opinion is that he has a better understanding of the game than Lennon but other than that they are similar.

2. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

I find it quite laughable you'd say he's done well. He might go on to be great but he's been a disappointment so far.

3. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

He's not been a disappointment. The fact he's been injured is disappointing but he himself hasn't been a disappointment.

He'll turn out to be an excellent player once he gets over the injuries that teenagers playing a blokes game tend to get. Not a problem, it's patently obvious. Any United fan can see that, anything else is just irrelevant really. I personally would honestly tell you if I thought he was going to be a flop.

4. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

He's got a good football brain, but decision making lets him down? I thought one lead to the other?

5. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I suppose that is a bit contradictory, his general all round play is good his decision making at crucial times is hit and miss.

6. BBFs Unpopular View

BBFs Unpopular View Well-Known Member

He's much better than Januzaj and you bigged him up more than anyone has bigged up Sterling. Even as far as seeing if he could play for England <laugh>

Where is Januzaj now, loan meat, Sterling, looking at a big money move.

We'll gladly take the 49m if that is accurate ta very much. City can have the potential we'll take the cash

bulletinthehead likes this.
  7. UnitedinRed

UnitedinRed Well-Known Member

Hes really not. Lers not forget psg were after Adnan last summer and offering silly money but unlike Sterling, Adnan was sensible and put his career first.

As players neither are the real deal and both have gone backwards since the days of debating who was better. One has effectively ended his career at 20 though.

8. Bwood_Ranger

You have to be quite deluded to put Januzaj in the same bracket as Sterling.

9. UnitedinRed

There is literally nothing between them except one played for two very poor sides and has just ruined his career.

Ones a moron and the other plays for United.

10. Bwood_Ranger

You can't really say there has been loads between Pool and United in the years they've both been playing. If anything you could say Pool have been the more successful.

Sterling has more than double the appearances of Januzaj and is the far more influential player. Neither score enough goals but Sterling's ratio is a lot better. More international experience too and virtually the same age.

11. UnitedinRed

Yes, more successful. That one 2nd place amongst all the 7th placed finishes really supports your claim. I mean weve only finished 1st, 2nd, 4th and 7th in that same period. No comparison.

You could also say QPR have been more successful than Barcelona...

12. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

Lennon was a one trick pony, the first few times I saw him play I thought he would be a bit special, but soon you realise he does the same thing almost everytime he has the ball, Sterling has a bit more about him IMO.
    As to Man Utd, you gonna buy any defenders? or you just gonna keep buying midfielders to bypass with your hoofball tactics?

lol, leave the crack alone.

13. UnitedinRed

Hes been around for 4 years compared to Adnans 2. Adnan also has competition. Sterling had zero competition at Liverpool.

One will continue to develop while the others carrer is effectively over. Thats all there is too it.

14. Bwood_Ranger

Well, you couldn't.

I was referring to the last two seasons when they've both been serious squad players at least. I believe Sterling had half a season or so the year before.

Anyway, Januzaj barely merited a place on the bench last season at times. Sterling was consistent one of their best players. Obviously you could say that the differences in strength between the two sides are significant but Sterling would be in your side at the moment and Januzaj doesn't look like he's close to it right now.

15. UnitedinRed

Just gonna keep hoofing it obviously.

16. UnitedinRed

Sterling would be in ourside? Erm no. Just no.

Hes not better than Young, Mata or Di Maria and Januzaj is one of our own. He wouldnt get close.

Hes massively overrated. Hes just an average English wide player with pace. His attitude is horrendous and his decision making on and off the pitch is erm.... Rubbish.

Unlike others I have never rated him as anything more than just another English winger. Thats all he is. 15million player on a good day.

<ok>

17. UnitedinRed

Yes Watford, lay off the crack.

18. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

Young's only skill is throwing himself on the ground and rolling around, sometimes I think he's going for a BAFTA

19. UnitedinRed

Are you a QPR fan?

20. Bwood_Ranger

You'd struggle to find many people who would have Young in their side over Sterling just as you'd struggle to find many (any?) who would have Januzaj instead.

What's Januzaj worth? Let's wildly say City have paid double or even treble what Sterling is worth. Could United get that sort of dough for Januzaj?