1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours £13m fee agreed for sale of Townsend

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Geordieginola

Geordieginola Well-Known Member

Can't blame him. We get our money back and free up the wage bill so that ok. Colo and Townsend combines wages is 140k. We will be ok without him. Now to just get rid of sissoko and cisse and tiote and I will be happy that the under achievers are gone. Gini can be added to that list aswell..... Oh and riviere.. And we are laughing.

2. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Disappointing, there is no getting away from it. He was very good for us. This is the penalty of being relegated though, your market narrows in terms of players. We all knew this. He will be the first of many. Sissoko thinks he's better than this, Janmaat does, and Gini is. All three will go. You need players who want to be here.

I think its a good move for Townsend in many ways. He'll be in London and the national team eye. He will be playing for a team that loves its wingers. He will be playing for a very good manager who will appreciate his attitude.

The only thing I would say is, will he actually play there? Is he better than Bolasie and Zaha. They all look much of a muchness to me so he'll need to hit the ground running. Puncheon will probably move on. Good player for someone. I'd have liked him here but he is 30 now. I'd quite like Chung Yong Lee. We need a right sided winger and he is already proven in the Championship.

3. Tol3

Tol3 Active Member

I imagine Townsend's signing could well prove the sale of Bolasie. Especially with Southampton having a gap in their team and spurs wanting to strengthen again.

4. Maximin Effort

Maximin Effort Well-Known Member

Boooooo!

please log in to view this image

5. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Disappointing but lets face it, he is a EPL player not a Championship player, the release clause was there for a reason.

He tired his best, put in some good displays but ultimatley he is going "home" (London born and bred) and with the England internationals flopping so hard this year he will be straight back in the England squad playing Premiership football.

6. LiamO

LiamO Well-Known Member

Been away from here for a while, things are pretty ****ty here in Istannbul these days as we are bombed every ****ing month by ISIS or PKK.
    Anyway, on to the matter at hand as Townsend shows us his true colours, after all his weasely words at the end of the season.
    I stupidly thought he might be one of the good pro`s, who valued loyalty over dosh. Should have known better. I will be on my knees next season, praying like buggery, for a Palace relegation. ****.!!

7. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

Could it have been possible that he might have been nudged out of the club as well due to the fact he was supposedly on £80K a week? I cant see him getting much more, if anything, at Palace. Now is the best chance for him to establish himself in the England team.....he's got more chance of that playing for Palace this season.

G4rdToonArmy likes this.
  8. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

No I don't think money would be an issue for the club. He just wants to play for England. If the national team had gone great guns he might have thought he could wait a year. Its wide open now after the pathetic showing, particularly from Sterling and dead balls.

9. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

I have never understood this attitude. Clubs and fans have absolutely no loyalty towards players. The moment a better option is available we toss them over with, at most, a "thanks for the effort".

I mean, would anyone on here suggest that we should still be playing Guittierez simply because he was a hugely loyal and passionate player for us ? like **** we would. He's the past, this is the present, past efforts count for **** all. That's the way of the world.

When a player treats a club the way a club treats its players, though, they are being disloyal mercenaries. Bollocks. You can't expect loyalty if you don't offer loyalty.

G4rdToonArmy likes this.
  10. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Who is Dead Balls? I didn't see him playing!

:huh:

11. Hung Drawn and Quartered

Hung Drawn and Quartered Well-Known Member

Sturridge, Wilshire, Kane - pick either

12. Beardsley's Stylist

Beardsley's Stylist Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

13. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

Don't blame him. I think he might have been nudged out, in order to cut back on costs.

14. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Yeah we have just saved a mint on wages with him, Saylor and Colo off, not sure Sels, Ritchie and Gayle with make a scratch on that either. Maybe somewhere between 50-60% savings.

As long as we can ship out the rest of the deadwood and wasters and replace them with decent prospects and experienced players I have no worries. Would have loved Andros to stay but C'est la vie.

15. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

I'm off on holiday to Turkey next week, Antalya not Istannbul, but the missus is bricking it a bit.

Anyway, we knew this would happen - he put in a good shift, but was let down by those around him, he doesn't want to drop into the Championship, and you've gotta respect that.

G4rdToonArmy and Tol3 like this.
  16. Beardsley's Stylist

Beardsley's Stylist Well-Known Member

Only time will tell whether he made the right decision

17. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

18. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

I've not been but I'm sure it's a nice place to go on holiday.

:emoticon-0138-think

JakartaToon likes this.
  19. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

It is. I go at least once a yr.
    4 weeks till Marmaris. :)

20. Rafa's Championship Party

Rafa's Championship Party Well-Known Member

Would have liked him to see but due to him turning out be a back stabbing money grabbing liar, I say good riddance and hope he rots at Palace.