1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

£12m bid for Charlie Austin rejected by QPR??

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by FosseFilberto, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Wellernever

Wellernever Well-Known Member

Yes definitely these three. Bloomfield's sides were always attack minded but somehow never quite achieved their full potential. We were in the top division for 5/6 consecutive seasons though.. He changed our kit to all white one season because he felt that it made the players "look bigger"

Worse season performance and results wise was under Frank Mclintock, This however was one of my most enjoyable seasons following Leicester, it was just so bad it became a huge laugh every game you went to. Winning a corner was heartily celebrated and scoring a goal, which were few and far between, we went mental!
    Our top scorer that year had 4 goals.

2. Barwellfox

Barwellfox Well-Known Member

The Frank O'Farrell season. the BBC did a documentary on the financial running of a football club. They chose us. Remember seeing myself on TV welcoming the team coach outside Boltons ground. That was just before being hit with a rock and a piece of coal. A lot of fun and a few associated bruises.

3. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

.. according to TalkSport (driving into work this morning) we are preparing to rival / top Newcastle's £15 m bid for Charlie Austin .. baffles me this one, unless one or more of our existing forwards is being off-loaded ...

4. Jack Lesterfan

Jack Lesterfan Well-Known Member

Ulloa being linked with Palace...

The end of Pearson could spell the end of Nugent at Leicester?

5. Jack Lesterfan

Not sure what type of player Okazaki is... Is he an Ulloa, or a Vardy? Or somewhere inbetween?

I'll admit we don't need Austin, but if a striker who scored that many goals in the Premier League last season is available and willing to come to us...

When, IMO £15m for an English player who had that good a season is an absolute bargain!

6. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

From what I gather, he's like a Vardy mixed with Ulloa.

A quality goalscorer like Leo and has excellent aerial prowess despite his height. But live Vardy, he's got a really top work ethic.

I think, ironically, the player I could compare him to the best would be Charlie Austin (although he's obviously a lot taller).

7. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Varulloa? ... sounds like a skin complaint <laugh> ...

8. Jack Lesterfan

I prefer Ullardy!

FosseFilberto likes this.
  9. Jack Lesterfan

Fair enough, I look forward to seeing him play!

I guess with Vardy, Ulloa, Okazaki, and Kramaric... With Nugent waiting too, another striker is not top priority...

Unless we are looking to cash in on Vardy / Ulloa?

Maybe Villa may return for Vardy with the cash from the Benteke sale?

Here's one for you... Just say, we sold Vardy for £15m and bought Austin for £15m.... Would you be happy with that swap?

10. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

For me they are on a similar level for different qualities, i dont think Austin will put in the legwork like Vardy would, but think Austin will probably have a better shots/chances ratio, and if someone like Okazaki can put something like a Vardy-esque shift in, then that would work for me.

11. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Vardy, Okazaki amd Kramaric are current internationals but we won't be playing all three - can see Vardy leaving unfortunately.

12. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Chris Wood was an international, as was Nugent and Ulloa is wanted by the Chile national team.

Means nowt these days.

13. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

That our 4th choice striker was 1st choice for New Zealand is a good indication of their status - the other teams are much higher status with a lot more competition for places.

Ulloa will want to play more to get in the Chile team and Kramaric/Vardy/Okazaki will want to play to stay in the Croatia/England/Japan team - two of them won't get their wish and it looks to be Ulloa and Vardy from the comments.

14. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

15. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

I'd be surprised if any of them leave before Austin's fate is decided, then again with Kram, Okazaki, Vard and Ulloa, we have quite a few options already for 2/3 positions.

16. Lesta Gangsta

Lesta Gangsta Well-Known Member

I have a horrible feeling Villa with all their new millions may come in for him.

17. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Being internationals has no reflection on if they will play or not. Who ever is scoring goals and playing well gets the shirts

NP managed to keep Ulloa, Nugent, Vardy and Kramaric involved last season so there's no reason Ranieri can tinker between them with Okazaki. I suspect Nugent won't be involved as much as he would like though

18. Barwellfox

Barwellfox Well-Known Member

If we do get Austin or Slimani, it is likely that Nuge would get regular foorball - just not with us.

FosseFilberto likes this.