1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread ¡Hornets v Magpies!

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Mexican Hornet, Jan 23, 2016.

1. wear_yellow

wear_yellow Well-Known Member

Much much better today. Jurado was quality playing more central and even on the RHS and gave our strikers more options. Parades (SP) gives us more going forward than Noyum and today we had so much more width than we did against Soton and Swansea and it gave our strikers the space to work. Flores has done a great job in working with the players to get back to where we have been up to the Spuds game.
    All those on this web board who were talking about relegation and saying that we need to gave more British players as the Johnny foreigners do have the stomach for a battle should hang their heads in shame.

Goldentrue likes this.
  2. Deleted 1

Deleted 1 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

In the first half a charmer in the LGT told Troy to "stop effing moaning and get your arse up front". I have never seen a dirty look like it in return... One does wonder what goes through people's minds some times...

3. wear_yellow

wear_yellow Well-Known Member

Not thoughts obviously - the bloke who sits next to me has moaned since the Zola days that we are not whacking the ball up front quickly enough. He still has not worked out that we are where we are because we play controlled possession football with quality footballers.

4. Bloother

Bloother Well-Known Member

Talking of dirty looks, did you see the one Abdi gave Capoue when he blasted over rather than pulling it back.

5. A1 Horn

A1 Horn Well-Known Member

After an hour on the ring road :steam: now back home. I think that is the most important win of the season. Stopped the losing sequence, will shut the pundits up who were saying we'd lost it, got over the 30pt mark, and a performance that was head and shoulders above the last two. Deeney and Ighalo back to being so much more effective. Thought Paredes was good considering his first start for a while, but I would've given Behrami MOTM especially considering he hasn't had much game time. I was on the edge of my seat most of the afternoon and was just willing us not to slip up towards the end. A great 3 points and onward we go!

brian_66_usa and Deleted 1 like this.
  6. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Very well put, but most importantly the underlined! :) I fully agree with that!!!!!

brian_66_usa and Deleted 1 like this.
  7. Deleted 1

Deleted 1 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Couldn't see it from where I was Sat but Capoue did at least have the grace to look a bit sheepish! Would have made the last ten or so minutes far easier to watch....

8. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

Just got home....

yes this was a very promising performance.....

Juarado MOM!
    Parades strong
    Capoues working very hard
    Gomes superb

etc etc

However if their finishing had been better....

In midfield we were so much better...... we had a midfield today!

Onward and upward... only 8 points to go!

A1 Horn likes this.
  9. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

Who has ever said that? The last it happened was for McKinlay being fired, and there were lots of people who wanted a British manager.

No one on here has ever complained about the nationalities of the players. Suggesting our coach drops a player for a few games due to a perceived lack of form is far from being the same thing.

10. hornetsfan1963

hornetsfan1963 Active Member

Having a dig at me by any chance ? water off a ducks back mate !
    Any residual relegation anxiety within this 'appy 'ornet has now departed for this season .
    Saw the game on sky this evening .. would have liked to have attended the game . Sadly , this last week website saying a sell out , but plenty of empty seats noted ...( at least I saved myself £80 ).
    Still not joining in with the Jurado love fest just yet , surely there must be a more able player to fill his position . Exactly how many goals has he scored this season ?
    I doubt I would have said British players ...I'm an Englishman and would like to see quotas for English players in the Prem ...to boost the chances of the national team . That's my national side ie England .. not team GB . Not being greedy , just 2 or 3 fellow Englishmen actually playing per premier side would be nice . We have Deeney and Watson ...The addition of Townsend would be enough to keep this patriot happy .

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
    brian_66_usa and Bloother like this.

11. hornetsfan1963

" controlled possession football with quality footballers" ....I think that may well be the aspiration , but our beloved team is not quite there yet . Granted most premier teams are just plain mean and don't give us the time or space to play "controlled possession football"...

12. Bloother

Really? Not the board for me then if this is true. All about opinions.

Toby and brian_66_usa like this.
  13. hornetsfan1963

Bloother , adopt the ducks back .
    Millions of our forebears sacrificed their young lives for freedom of speech ( I'm sure in reality they went to war for all manner of reasons ) ...nowt like contradicting ones self early on a Sunday morning .
    Still a very welcome victory for the Hornets . As fans we can all now relax and enjoy the last 15 games ..and winning the Cup will just be the icing on the cake .

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  14. A1 Horn

Agreed. The main worry was the number of crosses and then defending the headers. Need to try and stop so many crosses coming in.

15. Bloother

I think for me, the Jurado debate has shown up a slightly worrying devevelopment: if you don't support Jurado you don't support Watford. Say anything slightly critical of the the team or the manager and its met with 'we'd all have taken where we are at the beginning of the season'. No **** Sherlock.

But if we have to hang our heads in shame about being a bit worried about relegation and voicing an opinion, especially on this board, I'm out.

Jurado did OK, but he wasn't man of the match. There, I said it...and no, I won't hang my head in shame for saying it.

Toby likes this.
  16. hornetsfan1963

I'm completely with you on Mr. Jurado and suspect around 30% -50% of hornets fans feel the same /similar way .
    ..And if he turns out to be one of the finest players to ever wear the shirt , we will be equally delighted as those who currently sing his praise .
    No hanging of head from me either . If I were immature ( OK I'm immature ) , the only gesture would be an Agincourt raised middle finger .

brian_66_usa likes this.
  17. Bloother

And I were immature ( OK I'm immature ) I'd say, be careful...don't upset the Jurado Mafia :bandit:

Toby likes this.
  18. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

I am not hanging my head in shame either ! Regarding the number of non English players in the side I have to say this. I became a Hornets fan because Watford was my home town and because the Vic. was the place where my love of football was first born - I did not choose Watford, Watford chose me, and, although I have watched football in other places, that has remained so ever since. Would I become a Hornets fan now ? If I were now 13 or 14 - the truth is I don't know. Speaking objectively the clubs which I 'respect' are clubs like Portsmouth and Exeter (both fan owned), Athletic Bilbao (because they are a truly Basque club, and also run as a cooperative) St. Pauli (because of their links to so called 'leftist' politics) - would I choose a team with only 2 English born players in the match day squad, if I were not a fan already ?

rudebwoy likes this.
  19. A1 Horn

I'd still choose them as they would still have been my local club and I would have still caught the bug and got the buzz just like I did the first time I walked in 34 years ago.

Deleted 1 likes this.
  20. A1 Horn

:emoticon-0100-smile
    Also, only half an hour ago I had yesterday's programme out with my son, and with the addition of two new nationalities this week, we were enjoying counting up the number of nationalities in the squad. I don't mind it at all.