1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Zoltan Gera

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by GeraScores, May 6, 2011.

1. GeraScores

GeraScores Well-Known Member

Before he goes, permit me to make posting about Zoltan Gera. Our number 11 was Fulham’s Player of the Season 2009-10, but is out of contract soon and therefore likely to leave the club. He remains a popular player with many fans at The Cottage, as evidenced by the chants/applause when he comes on as a substitute, or even when he is named as one!

A while ago, Gera’s agent has revealed that the winger has turned down a recent new contract offer from Fulham. Much has been written on 606 about Mark Hughes not including Zolly in his squad plans and who we would have to drop to accommodate him. In the few chances he has had this year Fulham, he has failed to shine - maybe trying too hard - but he did very well for Hungary last month scoring a brace.

Life moves on – there is talk of him going abroad (or maybe even further afield to Newcastle), but there might be a chance of him rejoining West Brom in the summer, where he would be with a manager who knows how to play him to his strengths and fans who also appreciate the player.

So let before he goes so let's wish him well now, and give thanks for the commitment and great memories - from scoring against Man Utd in great style to critical goals against Juventus and Hamburg during Fulham’s Europa League sojourn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b6Rkfs0-MA&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeG5kjqpohg
    http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/zAln...United Premier League/SFCVYVSgUuE/Zoltan Gera
    http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/zoltan-gera-holland-8900264/

Forever “GeraScores” (i.e. the name stays)

2. toshchamberlainsmate

toshchamberlainsmate Well-Known Member

Yes agreed.
    A big thank you and respectful salute to Zolly - he did the biz for us, particularly in Europe with BZ.

3. rocky57

rocky57 Member

Totally too. I remember he had to struggle to win his regular place and at the beginning seemed lightweight. He proved us all wrong. Good luck to him wherever he goes.

4. valjing

valjing Member

Best wishes Zoltan,and thanks a million.

5. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Those videos reminded me just how brilliant the Europa run was.....

Zolly, I salute you.

6. RobespierreFFC

Wherever he goes, he will always have a place in the fulham history books. I've almost got to a point where I want him to leave purely in the fact that I really want him to make the best of the remainder of his career. Will always be synonymous with the europa league run, just a shame he won't be joining us if we can put together another one next year.

7. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

He scored a good goal against Man U so well done 'Zolly'.

8. frogman27

frogman27 Member

That goal against Hamburg still sends a shiver down my spine, his composure was superb. I am gutted he will be leaving, agree with all the above comments. He totally summed up the courage and desire that was shown the every member of the campaign. With the emergence of Dembele, Gera has been the victim. I still would love to him play just in behind Zamora for one more game. Good luck wherever your feet take you Zolly, your legendary status at Fulham will live on.

9. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

Agreed. At the start I wondered what he was going to bring to the team - now I know. An absolute star in the Europa League - my favourite Zolly game - against Juve, without a doubt.

10. fulhamish1977

fulhamish1977 Member

I'm not sure our manager does sentiment, but it would be good to see Gera and Pantsil at least on the bench against Arsenal to give them a proper send off. It would be a pity to see two players who've been such a part of our recent success depart quietly in an end of season in a 'the club thanks them for their service' press release.

11. Gillyffc

Gillyffc Member

apparently Gera is injured- any news on this? Ankle ive heard