1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Your view of this season

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by invermeremike, Apr 21, 2011.

1. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

We went from euphoria at the signing of Coppell and James and back to reality very quickly. From there we plunged to the depths of "dump Millie" followed by a string of pretty decent results and the seemingly impossible dream of reaching the playoffs.

Now we have settled back in our seats and decided to see out the rest of the season in relative comfort without needing heart surgery, what are our retrospective thoughts on this season?

2. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

It's not been a great season but avoiding the drop is a good thing and with 4 games left we can't go down this season, we have been inconsistent throughout with good performances one week then really poor the next, I don't think we will finish 10th this season most propably stay in 15th or 1 or 2 places higher. Our new players have overall been great apart from Nicky Hunt obviously but I no idea whats happening to him but if it's possible would like him to turn out a good player if he ever gets a chance again

Anyway looking forward to next season and hopefully not a nightmare start and hope not to see us bottom of the league again because that was depressing lol, not sure about playoffs but top 10 hopefully the more likely option.

3. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I agree with Millens Red Robins regarding the season but it has been entertaining with the fear of relegation watching everyone elses results.
    I believe with a good pre season and some more additions in midfield and defence we could mount a playoff place. Remember Ferguson took a bit of time to get things right at Man Utd, plus all good managers start of a bit shaky, but we can't really fault Keith on players he has brought into the club albeit loans but I believe that he will get it right!
    Hopefully next season is the time to start seeing us moving forward.

4. thephatone

thephatone Member

A funny old season of highs and lows, some fantastic performances some bloody awful! But a win today if im right will give us the same amount of wins as last season, which given the start we made due in no small amount to mr copout is pretty amazing. I think kieth has done enough to deserve another crack at it next season, a good preseason with nicky fit pitman in form and albert flying and we can hit the start of the season running. With the squad we have plus a few new players confidence breeds success and a good start should see us fighting for the pray offs come this time 2012!

5. UKR Bristol

UKR Bristol Member

We started the season mid-championship, playing at ashton Gate with an overpaid underachieving squad.

We finished the season mid-championship,playing at Ashton Gate with an overpaid underachieving squad.

So,no ****in progress made I would say.
    Thanks for the pointless thread,gave me something to do whilst having a ****.
    Toodle-Pip.