1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Your services are no longer required!!

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by jokeykid(606), Jul 8, 2011.

1. jokeykid(606)

jokeykid(606) Member

With the news about jackman being placed on the transfer list it is obvious that hess maybe looking to trim down the squad even if it is to make room for more signings. with this in mind who else do you think is surplus to requirements? maybe to sell on, release or even loan out.

for me

Jackman - sell - Good player but his lack of height means he can easily get lost in a game, too many players ahead of him in the pecking order for both lb and in midfield/lw, espically with bringing in versitle players like lee and frampton. we wont regain what we paid for him but should get something

Richards - sell/loan - This may cause a stir and does kinda depend on Kings fitness/performance. however with frampton, lawrence and king at the club plus lee who can play there he could be low down the pecking order. plus lee can cover there like benno used to and the 2 highly rated youngster i feel we are well covered at this possition

Rance - loan - Youngster with good promise however unlikely to force his way into the starting line up, so loan out for experince, maybe with a call back option, do the kid some good and means he wont be sitting on the bench week in week out

Essam - loan - Another promising youngster, be good for him to get some more experince and again saves him just sitting on the bench given the players we have at this position, would defo have a call back option on the loan just incase

Davies - loan - exactly the same as essam really although depending on whos rated better maybe only one of them with a call back option

Hawkes - loan - only if we bring in another goalkeeper (which looks likely) again good chance to gain some experience and for us to see what he can do

If we bring in another striker then maybe S.Payne could go out on loan as well, again with a call back option.

Think these moves would free up some money for a new striker, another goalkeeper. They may seem a bit extreme but (i may be wrong) i don't think we have a reserve team this year so it will only be behind closed door friendlies, so there will be many players who could get a bit short on match fitness.

please shoot me down, agree with me or put up your own ideas, heck we need something to do before sat!!

2. GillinghamLAD

GillinghamLAD Member

I agree with pretty everything you've said here jokeykid. Although the sending out of loans wouldn't free up money I shouldn't think. The types of clubs that these players would go too are likely to have none themselves, and Gillingham would see it as an experience thing rather than cost cutting. If you didn't mean it like that I'm sorry!
    However selling Jackman is a good idea to me and I reckon he was one of the highest earners left after the summer exodus.

3. Kedwell's Penalty Coach

Jackman is a good shout and I'm happy he has been transfer listed because with the signings, he must be 5th or 6th choice midfielder and I would rather see him play at another club than sitting on the bench. Can see him going back to Northampton if he wants to move back up there. For that same reason I wouldn't mind seeing someone like Rooney go out on loan.

However even though they're low down the pecking order I would keep the likes of Richards, Essam and Davies because if those players are gone and we pick up injuries to the likes of Lawrence, Frampton etc we would be in a bad way defence wise.

4. The Shouting Man

The Shouting Man Active Member

Jackman - Will struggle to get anything for him - possible loan to conference side like Kettering or Cambridge

Richards - use him as bait to get Birchill from Dover (that is if they still want to do business)...Plus offer Stefan Payne on loan for a season...

5. BSG

BSG Well-Known Member

I would like us to keep Richards, I have fitness concerns over both King due to injuries and Lawrence due to his age, and I not sure if the youngsters are experienced enough for prolonged first team action

6. jokeykid(606)

jokeykid(606) Member

Lad, the money would be saved atleast partly on wages as normally when a club takes a player on loan they have to pay atleast some of thier wages either through a one off payment or a percentage. not sure how often clubs let players go on loan for free

Manchester thats why I suggested the call back options so if we did hit a typical gillingham injury crisis these players could be recalled (match fit as they've been out on loan) for cover etc as required

As for Richards its a case of numbers and he must be on a half decent wage now as he's been at the club for a while, however I am more than happy for him to stay cos on his day he is a very good player and prob one of our stronger cbs for taking on big front men

7. GillinghamLAD

GillinghamLAD Member

Think I was getting muddled up with the work experience type arrangements we have then, much like when Rooney went to Lewes. Same with Davies the season just gone.

8. Hessysblueandwhitearmy

nah