1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Young Guns

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Double-Dragon, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Double-Dragon

Double-Dragon Member

Of our younger pros at the club, what do we think their fate might be under Malky? What do you think the 11/12 season is likely to hold for them? And do they have a long term future at the club?

Young 'uns

1. Jonathan Meades
    2. Nat Jarvis
    3. Aaron Wildig
    4. Ibby Farah
    5. Alex Evans
    6. Jordan Santiago

I haven't included Darcy in this debate as he should be considered a full senior by now. Though I would say the next six months are make or break for him at the club.

2. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

I think Malky will take a good look at them but if not up to his standards out on loan or sold.

3. Blue Prophet

Blue Prophet Active Member

MM had a reputation for giving youth a chance at Watford, although quite a few Watford fans have suggested he didn't have much choice as the squad was wafer thin at the time, if any of these lads are any good I can't help thinking they will get more chance to impress under MM than they ever would have got under DJ, but only time will tell <ok>

4. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

i'd like to see players, if they're good enough, get more of a look in, in comparison to DJ's policy of using them sparingly. i dont know much about the current youngsters so i cant comment if they're good enough but i'd rather see some intergrated into the squad than bringing in crap older players on loan or on free transfers to be honest.

wildig could get a chance this season though, i dont know about the rest.

5. concernedincardiff2011

really fancy Meades and Wildigs chance, not sure about Santiago as long as both our keepers stay fit he'll not get a look in. Good post though DD

6. ccfcrt0p

ccfcrt0p Member

1. Jonathan Meades Maybe
    2. Nat Jarvis Maybe
    3. Aaron Wildig Yes
    4. Ibby Farah Not Sure
    5. Alex Evans Not Sure
    6. Jordan Santiago No

Wildig should be a bit more involved this season and given a chance. I have read some good things about Meades and it might be worth giving him a shot. As for the rest I really don&#8217;t know enough about them to comment the only reason I put a maybe against Javis is he just scored a hatrick for me against Swansea in the C cup on fifa for the Xbox. So for that reason alone he gets my vote in reality! Santiago as said above he won&#8217;t get past our 2 keepers we have now.

7. Double-Dragon

Double-Dragon Member

How about?...

1. Jonathan Meades - Six month loan - with a view to one or two CCFC appearences laster in the season?
    2. Nat Jarvis Maybe - Six month loan - @ League one level, with a view to Cardiff chance later?
    3. Aaron Wildig - In and around the Cardiff squad with League cup and substitute appearances in min.
    4. Ibby Farah - Long term loan where he'll play.
    5. Alex Evans - Long term loan where he'll play.
    6. Jordan Santiago - Young keeper, so a long term loan with playing time might be hard to find. If not, stay at CCFC as third choice.

Top. Well done on the derby hattrick. Keep it up!