1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

you were lucky!

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by canary on the weald, Aug 23, 2014.

1. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

Agreed, it was an odd use of the word, as Ipswich showed nothing in front of goal! The BBC stats has Town down for 2 shots on target but I cannot remember either of them, so I guess they were very tame efforts and not really 'shots' as such.

On another day, and it should have happened today, a Grabban hat-trick should have been registered. As you say, City were better all over the pitch, and that we can agree on, but to suggest Town were good enough to warrant a draw really is pushing the bounds of sanity <laugh>

2. wellyblue

wellyblue Well-Known Member

<laugh> Your lot giving it large on the way back to the station and then the OB thinning out and then you kept your heads down!<laugh>

3. Mike_Holmes1990

Mike_Holmes1990 Well-Known Member

On another day Murphy would have put that header in, If Mcgoldricks long range finishing wasn't wayward today we would have got some goals. On another day Gerken would have claimed that ball instead of letting Grabban head it over him. If Tommy smith wasn't doing his job as a defender and getting on the line we would have gone 2-0 down.

But ifs, buts and maybes don't win games. Grabbans goal went in, Murphy missed his chance, there were some other efforts from both sides that were missed. Norwich won 1-0. Everything else is opinion - although Norwich's style of play makes it a lot easier to claim a deserved victory. If it was 0-0, you would be claiming it was 2 points dropped, I would be cursing Murphy for not putting his header in.

As it is I'm an optimist looking at the game through blue tinted glasses. What I do know is that for whatever reason I wasn't angry at the end of the game. I usually am when i get the rare opportunity to watch us lose on TV.

4. ThaiCanary

I guess that helps to to detract from the inept performance. Would you fans not be better off venting their anger at MM and the board? <whistle>

5. ThaiCanary

Another point where we can agree, and although of course I am happy we got the victory, a bit of me is well hacked off it wasn't by a bigger margin. Like you say, we are all see these things with tinted specs to one degree or another <ok>

6. King_of_Portman_Rd

King_of_Portman_Rd Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

What gripes me most is that Norwich didn't need to play well to beat us... not even work very hard (something we always say with MM in charge)

We made them look very comfortable at times and made Turner look like an absolute class CB as everything was down the slot for him to win and with us being so one dimensional it was a case of the inevitable today. Fair play to them, they played well enough to beat a very poor outfit today and MM and the players need to dust themselves down and have a good hard look at themselves as today simply wasn't good enough... and the lack of ability is something we can accept from time yo time bit the lack of fight is simply inexcusable

7. Guru of Ipswich

Guru of Ipswich Well-Known Member

All i would say is for all your millions spent, you still only just beat a bunch of freebies by a goal which shouldn't have counted.

Nice to know some things never change.

8. Guru of Ipswich

Guru of Ipswich Well-Known Member

Stevie wonder and ray charles could see we need a creative spark, i only hope mick will.

9. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Aw bless a canary giving it large that have a squad earning between £15- £35k who edged our garbage squad 1-0...... who absolutely BOTTLED Premier league survival, well played you beat a squad 1-0 assembled of free transfers!!!!!

For what it's worth, Cardiff / Derby and Nottingham Forrest are all better than you so I don't think you'll come auto, and I don't think you will go up either but time will tell hey! Should be top six mind you. However, perhaps too dodgy at the back for auto.

I look forward to rolling forward 3/4 years and seeing just how " good " you are then.

We won't do anything this season I don't think unless we get get 3/4 in A S A P but we certainly won't be going down.

Enjoy the 3 points. PS - Some of the comments from your " fans " about Ipswich Crazee are a little bit pathetic on Not606. I mean come on, it's one thing to laugh at any of us, but to mock Ipswich Crazee really is quite pathetic. That's the saddest thing about you winning this derby, highlights a few individuals for what you are.

Health before football any day of the week, you never know what's around the corner so have a little respect..... Embarrassing.

10. SUPERNORWICH 23

SUPERNORWICH 23 SUPERNORWICH

We have a contender for Jonah of the week right there bor.<doh>

11. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

If it's fine to mock people who aren't all there then you carry on. Norwich, the club that keep giving..............

12. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

I wouldn't feed the troll Westy!

This Weald fella will soon crawl back under his stone! <ok>

13. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

I have to say, I find this sort of comment galling.

So, we did some things right and made a go of it, whilst you, starting on a level playing field, ****ed it up. Hardly our fault.

14. wellyblue

wellyblue Well-Known Member

Gotta say that I've no problem with the Budgies coming on our board and taking the proverbial, we'd have been all over their board like a rash if we'd have won...

Come to think about it, we were anyway...;)<laugh>