1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Yet another loan

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by San Diego, Nov 19, 2012.

1. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

We have just acquired the services of 27 year old striker Tyrone Barnett from Peterborough. For those that don't know he is one of the four players transfer listed by Posh for going out on the town last week.
    What are your feelings on this one?

2. tractor bhoy

tractor bhoy Well-Known Member

Feelings are very mixed.
    Outside of footballing matters, I question the clubs take on wanting him having basically been discarded by Peterborough for unprofessionalism.
    On the footballing side of things, his goal scoring records is not very impressive, he's not young (27) but we apparently beat off competition from Brighton, amongst others for him. I dont recall seeing him so Im not sure if his performances are more about assists than goals which may mean his poor goals ratio is not so much of a worry.

3. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

Chopra has got to be on his way out...seems a decent lower league player, and at 27 has to be in the prime of his career. We need a bit of muscle in the team, so hopefully he could add another dimension to our team.
    Ideally i'd prefer our players playing, but unfortunately, they are all ****e. Will be looking to get a permanent contract, so you'd expect him to give it his all....unlike the rest of the soft touches we have.

4. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

Has been likened to a poor mans Heskey..

5. Norfolkbhoy

Norfolkbhoy Well-Known Member

Can't be good taking on a reject with an alleged bad attitude from one of the few clubs below you in the league. Hasn't your squad got enough loan rangers not pulling the weight and ceetainly not fit to wear the shirt? Seeing the "highlights" from the Leicester game Sir Bobby must be spinning in his grave to see your defence fall from having Cooper/Mills/Butcher/Osman etc to the shower of overpaid mercenaries you currently have to put up with. Smacks of us in the Roeder era and we all know how well that ended.

6. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

he reminded me of heskey too. to be fair though, heskey was a good player. he's not as good as heskey <ok>

7. King_of_Portman_Rd

King_of_Portman_Rd Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

His goals he has scored for the Posh have been impressive as he fits into the 'Strong and Pacey' mold of a front man, something we haven't had probably since the days of Kuqi so I fancy he could offer us something but you have to question his consistency as has been said he hasn't been bursting the net on a regular basis.

He scored a good goal against us last season so I'm not disappointed with him being here, if it's a month loan to have a better look at him with the view to buying him if he impresses then it does make some sense

8. Wright

Wright Member

I'm just impressed we didn't hear about it earlier, in - out - job done is a nice change from the usual negotiations even if he is only a loan!

9. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

TB trust me on this one! I have watched him many times when he played for Crawley and he was a very good striker. Yes you can say he played in the Conference and League 2 for them but he showed a lot of pace and power with a good record in front of goal. He will be much more effective than Murphy as he has plenty of pace as well as power and he will bring others into the game. A good signing in my humble opinion.

10. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Does anyone else think that MM could sign a blind, one legged vagrant on loan and JWM would say its a good signing!!

11. johnnywarksmoustache

<laugh>

I have seen this fella play many times. How about you?

12. K E M P

K E M P Well-Known Member

Jimmy Bullard has retired now. Oh hang on you have Chopra! Not to far off. <ok>

I'm with JWM I know a Crawley fan and he says he is a top player. Also, he is a footballer right? Not fcuking saint! I will put my hands up and say when I was younger I made the odd wrong choice in life and paid the consequences for my actions. I wasn't loaded and living a lifestyle of a modern footballer either and I managed to mess things up a little at times.

Give the guy a break for gods sake and try not to be so bloody judgmental about someone who you don't even know.

It's not like you have people queing up to play for you at the moment is it?

13. johnnywarksmoustache

Hey Kemp its great to see you budgies slagging off the greatest manager in your lousy history! You lot might be riding high at the moment but you still show a real lack of class! <ok>

14. K E M P

I was trying to stick up for you and your thoughts on your new loan signing!

I have not slagged of Paul Lambert? What are you on about!? Don't get me mixed up with the hate lambert brigade, whats wrong with you?

15. johnnywarksmoustache

Apologies Kemp for tarring you with the same brush as some of the other muppets on that thread. Ungrateful bastards the lot of them!

16. K E M P

That's alright JWM it must be hard at the moment for all Ipswich supporters.

I don't rate Chops and think he bring more problems than solutions. I do think though that the whole team needs to be thinned out and and a settled first 11 should be selected.

The reason things are so poor at the back is that the defense has been chopped and changed so much.

I think you can score, but keeping them out is the issue that needs addressing.

17. Wright

Wright Member

Does anyone know if we can play him in the game against Peterborough this sat?

18. K E M P

No you can't he is inelligble.