1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wolves complete Dorus De Vries signing

Discussion in 'Wolves' started by Not606 News Team, Jun 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Not606 News Team

Wolves have completed the signing of Swansea goalkeeper Dorus De Vries on a free transfer, Sky Sports reports.

Mick McCarthy moved for the 30-year-old after contract talks between the player and the Premier League newcomers broke down over wages.

De Vries has penned a three-year contract at Molineux after passing a medical.

The keeper will provide competition from first-choice Wayne Hennessey following the departure of Marcus Hahnemann earlier this summer.

De Vries is the club's second signing this week, following the arrival of Jamie O'Hara.

He told the Wolves website: "I'm really pleased and positive about the move.

"As soon as I got the call from Wolves I had a really good vibe about it and a positive feeling.

"I thought this would be the fresh step I need in terms of progressing.

"That's all I look for as a player - to progress every year on and off the pitch both as a goalkeeper and as a person.

"This is a totally different challenge for me.

"Wolves are a club with all the fundamentals in place to grow and expectations are higher than at Swansea at this moment in time."

But he also admitted it difficult to leave the Swans, particularly after winning promotion with them last term.

He continued: "It was a difficult decision for to leave Swansea and did cause a few sleepness nights.

"I had a great time at Swansea and a great relationship with all the guys there who I have worked with for the last four years.

"Swansea is a great club throughout and have got a great squad and I wish them all the best."

Polish goalkeeper Grzegorz Sandomierski is already lined up to move to the Liberty Stadium as De Vries' replacement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.