1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Will Wenger ever win the League again?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by lazarus20000, Feb 4, 2017.

?

Will Wenger ever win the league again?

Poll closed Feb 11, 2017.
  1. Yes

9.1%
  2. No

90.9%
  1. Tibbers

Tibbers Active Member

Hahaha he already done so much for the club, he'll be remembered for sure.

2. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Should we really be surprised by what is happening with Arsenal? You don't have to be a hater to understand why we are languishing at 5th. Maybe it's my faint hope that Wenger could somehow turn things around but the writing was on the wall as early as 2008/9 and it's been the same ever since.

But what did we really expect when you have Pep, Klopp, Conte, Mourinho and Pochetino all competing against Wenger as managers? It's not pretty now but it'll continue to be unpleasant should he chose to stay.

But the most worrying thing in all this is the management do not have any real plans in place other than offering Wenger a new contract...

3. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

Totally agree with this. I also have a feeling that our board is not really looking for another manager now (in the event wenger does leave), which is so negligent. Seems they are banking on wenger signing a new contract for eternity...

I guess it's true. Wenger really will get the last say on when he leaves, which is depressing, and ridiculous.

4. theevilreddevil

theevilreddevil Well-Known Member

5. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Giroud, though, says the whole squad is behind Wenger and they would like to see him sign a new deal at the Emirates.

‘We want to see Arsène Wenger sign an extension,’ Giroud told Canal+.

‘To continue the adventure, because we support him.’

Of course you want him to sign as no other top manager would allow the crap you lot pulled this season. I swear our players talk a good game but deliver little. If they really supported him then they would never let their heads drop in any game, which has happened a few times!

6. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Precisely. If Wenger leaves and is replaced by anyone even half competent then all the pap (like Giroud) that fills out squad know they're in big trouble and likely l be shipped off to teams like Everton, West Ham, Lille and Celta Vigo.