1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Will Rafa be here next season?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Apr 24, 2017.

?

Will Rafa still be here next season?

1. Yes

73.5%
  2. No

26.5%
  1. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

As others have said Rafa wants to be loved. He wouldn't be loved at Arsenal nor West Ham for different reasons.

He'll stay provided Fat Mike backs him and gives him control.

Captain Hindsight likes this.
  2. Captain Hindsight

Captain Hindsight Active Member

2 years left I think.

Consett Mag likes this.
  3. anyobrien

anyobrien Well-Known Member

Not sure after that interview but it was a case of over to you Ashley I need support.

4. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

If Ashley puts in at least £20m then I think Rafa will stay. I think Ashley will probably do this because he can't be so stupid as to leave us short of quality again and risk relegation again. He must have learned his lesson by now.

And by saying saying at least £20m I mean that is to top up what we will have to start with which will be at least the same amount.

5. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

White pawn to D4

The first move in Rafa's game of chess with Fat Mike

6. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

Two years with plenty of get-out clauses i reckon. I think it will become apparent mike is stumping up somewhere near 25 mill and he will walk, though i worry his head may be at West Ham already

7. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

We need to sing our hearts out for Rafa at Barnsley.

'We want you to stay.... we want you to staaaaay'.

Worked last time.

Consett Mag and RobEllious like this.
  8. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

Why do you think he will go to West Ham? What have they got over us?

9. RobEllious

I was guna say the same in my post but then i thought, aside from last summer, when has David 'freak' Gold not backed his manager? Even this season he spent abit of money, just on crap

10. RobEllious

Support of the fans is what's going to do it, sing like **** lads and ya never know

11. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

His family is still at Liverpool from what I gather so location wise Newcastle has advantages over West Ham etc.

12. KazakhToon

KazakhToon Well-Known Member

I have to say, his talk of laying the foundations for the future sounds like he's aiming to stay a year and see how it pans out after that. You wouldn't stay for the summer, get in the players you wanted, and then leave for another club (though it could happen - it's all going to depend on the funds available for transfers isn't it!) Come on Mike, you know it makes sense!

RobEllious and Marra SAFC 77 like this.
  13. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

He's famous for being ruthless and ripping apart his old teams and replacing them, and he's definitely gonna want to that over the summer - yeah some are gonna stay, but the likes of Diame, Colback and Hanley are gonna be ditched straight after the last game this season.

If he gets about £50m I'd say he'll stay, £20m might not be enough for him to rebuild the way he wants.

14. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Personally think it's in his nature to always play it coy. He did after we went down, remember? He was asked "will you stay" and it was always "we will see". We shouldn't expect him to stay regardless; he needs around £50m this Summer, maybe a bit less if we play it right, before he could or should commit. If the board renege and go with our "purple players" policy, or if he's told "sorry, coffers are empty, sell to buy" then he should walk away. As should we. I'd rather be in any other division than gasping for air in the PL.

I think there's a small disparity due to January's stand-off. Ian Dennis is pretty reliable and his understanding from R5L last night was that things were very amicable between Charnley, Carr, Ashley and Rafa. He was of the opinion that - in the event of the club achieving promotion - the manager would be backed. I think it was a case of the club being unwilling to double dip in Jan which Rafa felt made it a bit tougher to go up, so there was a little friction. However, the media are - as usual - making a mountain out of a molehill. Rafa's been like this for ever. I bet you could go back to Budapest and he'd still be coy about Liverpool.

We have the new sponsorship deal which will be announced imminently adding a shedload of cash, the immediate £110m boost which will have some money offset, sales of Cabella and Thauvin.....he will be backed. He'll be backed like we've never seen before. And he'll stay.

Arsenal will not want him, he lacks stability and does not play the Arsenal "way". WHU have nothing more to offer, no offence. In fact have less to offer. One trip to that "stadium" would kill it for Rafa, particularly given the distance from his Liverpool home.

GeordieHalfbreed likes this.
  15. Geordie lass in the Fen

Geordie lass in the Fen Well-Known Member

He wants to start building a team that isn't going to be relegation fodder every season. That will take time, money and patience.
    Rafa needs to have the control he was promised over footballing matters.
    Did he perceive that some of those promises were broken in January? Possibly, l think he did, and l doubt he would let it slide again.
    As we all knew, it's going to be down to Ashley and Co, and that my friends is what bothers me most and why this promotion feels like a double edged sword..

16. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Also, Rob Elliot seemed 100% convinced:

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport...out-rafa-benitez-s-newcastle-future-1-8510356

17. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Contract and the security/love he has here should see him stay. Not many other clubs around the world he can walk into and get the same reception and not many other clubs have previous of offering out 6 year contracts to managers...

BUT it is alllllll about the War Chest for the summer. Every EPL squad will spend £50 million minimum so we will need to spend more to catch up from where we are currently. Basically he needs £80 million to get us close to staying up next season and if he isn't given the resources to keep us safe is there any point staying?

I think he is being coy after the winter window and saying I want to stay but if I'm not backed I'll walk.

GeordieHalfbreed likes this.
  18. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

No. I think the interview was a bargaining tool with Ashley. He will be hoping to that Ashley will lavish funds on him. He won't and Rafa will leave. I imagine he will have offers in Spain or Italy.

I think Peter Lim will be interested in taking Rafa back to Valencia. Voro is only the interim manager. Of course Rafa calls the North West home now but I don't think he'd be adverse to the idea.

So lets do the right thing and get Marcelo Gallardo ASAP.

G4rdToonArmy likes this.
  19. PhilK

PhilK Active Member

If he does go, and I'll thoroughly understand it as he now knows he can't trust Ashley on spending for the Prem - I'd go for that young manager of Hull. Lots of promise there. Give them Diame back as part of deal......

20. PhilK

PhilK Active Member

Excellent choice.
    Another Potchettino in the making ?