1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Will all 4 Welsh clubs get relegated?

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by DaiJones, Oct 1, 2016.

1. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

Kiff..... your final statement is the truest one and I suspect you will admit you were being unfair to Hilts when you sounded off. Of course, attendances mean less when TV money comes into it. But Swansea have survived well in the Premiership only because your mangers have found cheap players to sell on and keep profitable. That has fallen apart in recent years and your time must be numbered on the top shelf. And then it's either debt to fund the team or a sugar daddy. We have one: you don't! Two previous appearances in the top league have resulted in receiverships. And you ARE punching above your weight, and you know it.

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  2. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

They were certainly punching above their weight, but they did it well. Now comes a time most Jacks aren't used to anymore and that's a relegation scrap. As I said previously, I think they will scramble out of it.. Not in style, but I think they will finish a place or two outside of relegation. Not sure if Yankee Bob is the way forward for them, but I cant see Hull or Palace grabbing that many more points.

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  3. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Tough one again coming up Saturday. Need to be in touch of the pack come January. Good win for the Sox on Saturday. Could give them the boost they need and they still could be playing PL Soccer at the Statue of Liberty Stadium next season.

Jay-Rede likes this.
  4. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Said on another thread we need around 12 points from the 6 games left before the Jan window opens to have any chance in the New Year. As you say Brighton is tough game and we can only hope for a repeat performance in this fixture last season. That was probably the best I've seen us play for the past 2 years.

As for Swansea that win could spark a revival but the scoreline tells it's own story. Probably the worst defensive performances between two Prem sides I've seen for a long time - if not ever. Any more of the same from the Swans and they'll suffer against the better teams big time.

5. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

12 ? I'd take 8 right now.

6. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

After today I think we'll be playing you boys next season, that's if you haven't slipped to L1.................................<laugh>

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  7. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Hey Phil - I said this after your win against Palace. I'm not often right pal, but hey................<whistle><whistle>

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  8. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Thank you Sunderland!...............<laugh>

Llorente starting to show his pedigree.....................<ok>

9. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

Chum or something else:)

10. Jay-Rede

Just had a look at your next few games. Some very winnable fixtures for you lot coming up mate. Will surely put Llorente to the test to see if he is PL class.

WBA next, surely the swans should take all 3 points there?
    Then Boro, another game where all 3 points should be secured.
    West Ham, another 3 in the bag? Then Bournemouth, where last season i'd have said you would destroy them, but this season, it may be a toughy?
    December should be a breeze for you.

Start of January looks tasty too. Palace then Hull. I know football is so unpredictable but maybe Yankee Bob is just starting to peak as a manager?

11. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

I doubt it'll be anything like as easy as that for them Jay! <laugh>

Those 4 sides the jacks play in December are going to be scrapping all the way - if they come away with more than 6 points from the 12, they'll have done well.

January starts with a decent chance of points at Palace (the Hull game is an FA Cup game pal) but after that the opposition looks decidely more difficult.

Bradley needs a good December or he'll be gone - either that or the Swans are going down if they don't spend in January.

12. Ccfc4ever

Ccfc4ever Well-Known Member

WBA- decent attack and solid defense that the jacks won't beat
    Boro- can turn it on on their day and will be looking at them as a potential 6 pointer
    Wet Spam- quality all over the park which just needs to click, i fancy that to come against the sox
    Bournemouth- fantastic full speed attack and an in form defense which will be far too much for the slow Swansea defense

overall i wouldn't be surprised to see them pick up 0 points in December and i'd say 3 at best

13. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

West Brom won't be in the mix come kick out time, can't see Swansea picking up points there.

Boro & West Ham can be beat and Swansea have a chance of picking up points.

Bournemouth should be give me for Swansea but not so sure this season.

A point a game should be there but I think they will get 6 out of 12.

14. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Jay - I said you were being a bit optimistic for them at the time pal - how wrong can you be - zero points from 12.......:emoticon-0105-wink:

Spot on 4ever - very good shout. <ok>

15. Jay-Rede

... But.. But... Phil said Llorente was starting to show his pedigree? <laugh>

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  16. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

"Phil said...." <doh>..................<laugh>

17. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Maybe HE is, but the other 10 ain't!!!!

18. Jay-Rede

Will Clement be the saviour of the falling Swans?

19. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

It'll be a tough one. Confidence is low and there doesn't seem to be the backbone for a fight.

With Palace bringing Sam in, you can imagine them starting to pick up points, with a few other teams above them (West Ham) getting their acts together with others (Hull) fighting tooth and nail to get vital points. The Swans have to get past 3 teams to get out of trouble, teams that are as likely to see a positive change in fortunes as they are.

Tonight's game is a biggie. A loss and they are 8 points off safety, especially given the goal differences.

Jay-Rede likes this.