1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

WILBS signs

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, Jul 8, 2017.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

1 year contract with what he has been doing " for years " was Tammy's mentor, and will continue to be the shoulder to cry on, and the mentor for the strikers .... says I absolutely love BRISTOL and the BCFC

2. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

I say waste of money..

RedorDead likes this.
  3. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

The link between the management and the players is invaluable

4. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

Money well spent me thinks, we have a senior player well respected, a link as you say, has had a tweet from Tammy saying thankyou..
    will he sit on the Swansea bench? more than play ! I hope not as last season he was champing at the bit to BE ON THE PITCH.... just hope Clement does not screw him up

5. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

I can see the value in his experience for the younger players if he's intending to move into coaching or even management with us, but as a player, then no. Way too old now.

6. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

I'd be inclined to agree that I hope we don't see him used as a player, if only because we ought to be fairly well stocked for strikers that should come ahead of him in the pecking order. That said, age alone isn't a good enough indicator to judge someone on - from what I can deduce, he keeps himself in good condition and his game was never based on pace, which is the attribute usually most telling in older players.

If we find ourselves with a number of players out for whatever reason, and am looking to grab a goal in the dying stages of a match, I'm personally very happy for him to still be an option. I was certainly celebrating his goals against Blackburn and Newcastle last season.