1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wide boys

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

So no Feeney / Pringle ( not massively worried )

Stewart to be given a chance to shine?!

Any rumours re any others? Seems we're going to plump for a loanee or two in these positions again - which I am not really against. Give me a Fraser / Williams on loan any day. Of course, they won't always work ala Naitland Miles second half of the season.

2. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Don't worry, we've got Bishop and maybe Stewart....according to Mick.

3. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

I am hoping it's a bluff....

4. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Which bit, Bish or Stewart?

5. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

Both really.........Never seen anything to suggest Stewart can cut it tbh has looked poor every time I've seen him for U21s although not seen him for some time.......as for Bish I'm sure he could do a job out wide but I don't think he should be a long term solution........Shirley we must bring a couple of Wingers in.

6. Westlake33

While Bishop isn't your traditional winger, I'm not so sure him wide right in a 4-4-2 would be disastrous, providing we'd have a hug the line winger ( ala Fraser ) wide left. He could certainly beat a man out there still, create, and push the opposition left side back. Certainly better than the likes of Quinn, Tabb, Tunnicliffe out wide left when we knew they wouldn't beat a man once all game, but offer a defensive shield and subsequently unbalance the entire team shape.

Stewart did okay at Donny on loan ( friends a donny fan ) however he didn't set the world on fire there and didn't always start. Better required, but if he comes back with the attitude required then fair enough.

No idea as to who we will be in for, not a million miles from the season start! Comes around quick.

7. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

The fact that he is now coming into the last year of his contract should probably explain an upturn in his attitude. He obviously realises that being a free transfer with no football under your belt for 3 years means he will be bottom of the pile and will have to take a severe pay cut.

He's probably trying to put himself in the shop window to get himself a deal elsewhere and Mick is doing his bit to talk him up a bit to persuade those interested that he is worth the punt.. Though, it could be that Mick ins't as stubborn and Stewart isn't that arrogant and we may actually see him play for us. Though i wouldn't be surprised to see him leave... Possibly used as a swap in bring Callum Harriott in from Charlton?

8. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

At the age of what, 25? Cameron must be starting to realise that if he doesn't smarten up his career will take him to league 1/2. Hopefully he will knuckle down and actually turn into a decent member of the squad.

9. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

Heard we could be looking at Ryu Miachi not sure if this carries any weight...

Scowey likes this.
  10. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

He was thought of very highly at Arsenal about 2 or 3 years ago.. I can't see it happening though, as he signed for St. Pauli last season and would expect a substantial fee to sign him and not sure he would be available for loan so soon after signing.

Good prospect though as he's still only 23

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM likes this.

11. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

Youre right SD at the age of 25 he should at least be a regular starter and doing OKish at Donny last season isn't very encouraging, weve been here before recently with Lee Martin ( anyone know where he is now ) who was a complete waste of time and an awful lot of money, while I don't suppose we are talking about a fortune in football terms I wouldn't think theres much improvement to be had at his age.
    We could always look for a replacement from one of the relegated teams I suppose, Harriot and Lookman from Charlton for example but we all know that if theres a price tag of more than 17/ 6d its not going to happen.

12. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

We have no chance with Lookman I think he is being courted by some bigger fish.

13. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

So,

Mick has said that Stewart is in his plans for this season (apparently)
    We have Ronald Lamar on trial this week
    We are (apparently) looking to bring in KaiKai on loan from Palace - as well as/instead of AMN from Arsenal.
    Mick has said that Bish is our standout player when on the pitch (as well as saying he can play out wide)
    Dozzell, Blanchfield are being talked up, having played out wide in pre season.

It's anyone's guess as to how we will line up next Saturday, but hopefully it will include some natural wide players and some that bring something to the team

14. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

I wouldn't hold your breath!

15. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Who is this Naitland Miles we had on loan, don't remember him! <laugh><cheers>,

16. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Whoever signs, the back four will be

Chambers
    Smith
    Berra
    Knudsen

Skuse and Douglas will probably start.

Sears will probably be pushed out wide

Defence will be instructed to hoof it up to Murphy.

Hope I'm wrong (wouldn't be the first time) but can't see much changing

17. Westlake33

I think Dozzell will be in the 18 most weeks and could get into the line up. Appears Bish will start wide right - interested as to whether Mick may opt for a variation of 4-3-3 if the front 4 can all stay fit - we were a bit unlucky on that front last year.

SURELY Douglas will either have to up his game considerably or not figure anywhere near as much this time.

Interestingly we've left the #2 shirt blank - does that mean anything?

Have to see who we end up signing Spanish.

18. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

Personally I don't want to see Mick go for a Big Number2...........