1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wickham to Liverpool ?

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by YorkieLancsHampyLondoner, Jun 4, 2011.

1. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

£8 million quid apparently.

Wait till after the U21 tourney - unless he breaks his leg his value will only go up...

and then take the money and run and try to buy some bloomin' players! We could get Graham AND Sharp AND St Ledger for that!

2. cinnamonITFC

cinnamonITFC New Member

We won't sell yet, I'm hoping we will be clever and play the waiting game. Sit here laughing as the Premier League dogs fight at it to get him after the U21 comp!

I don't really mind whether we sell or not to be honest, the arguments are strong on both sides! More money (potentially) to build a solid team, or keep one of England's most promising young players! Hmmm

On a slightly more exciting note, I've heard a whisper that Chopra's signed? Anyone else heard this?

What an exciting Summer ;)

3. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

If that was true it'd be all over TWTD forum, there are insiders on there, but there's no mention of it.

4. CanariesSoccer

CanariesSoccer Well-Known Member

I'll be sad to see him sold, the CWick saga has been one of the highlights of 606 for me.

5. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

£8m - has the world gone mad or are Liverpool desperate to spend some of the £50m they got from the Torres sale?

He's a good player sure but not proven at the top level and in my opinion is still proving himself in the Championship so I am mystified as to why any team would want to part with that sort of money for him.

6. Dangerous Marsupial

Dangerous Marsupial Well-Known Member

When they say £8,000,000, they mean £8,000,000 + Suarez.

But seriously, Wickham is maybe worth a few million because he is young but he is not worth anything like this!

7. TractorBoyTuck

If we get offered £8m then I'm afraid it has to be a sale. Don't get me wrong, I think he's got great potential and everything, but he's unproven and that sort of money can help us to get some big guns in.

8. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

Too true, no one would turn that kind on money down, especially in the Championship. Just what you need to buy to strengthen.