1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Why not606.com?

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by YorkieLancsHampyLondoner, May 24, 2011.

1. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

I have just been reading on the old 606 the budgies trying to move us over to 12yards.co.uk . On there pershore has written that he felt not606.com got a bit of a 'hard sell'.

I just want to make it clear my reasons for trying to get everyone over here - I had no affiliation to this site, I looked around at new606.com and several others and this looked like by far the best option.

Once most people were moved then ja606.com and 12yards.co.uk both popped up around a week or so ago.

ja606 looks very much like the old 606 but is criminally slow to load and although many of the budgies seem to like it, 12yards lacks a number of very basic things you would expect from a forum - there is no way to find the articles you have written on - you can find your own comments but not the articles they relate to. Maybe they will fix that but the whole thing has a very amateurish feel to me.

The main reason for not using these sites though is just the activity levels - pretty much all the posts on the Arsenal and Man United pages are written by the site owners so people are just not signing up to it.

My aim was just to try to keep the old gang together. There are some issues with this site for a few, I know that, but unfortunately the bbc site was something special in that most work places give it the green light.

2. Tractor Tim

Tractor Tim Member

This site is absolutely fine (good actually) and as you say it has achieved the main purpose of by and large getting the old gang together in a new place which is the main thing. Leave the budgies to 12yards.co.uk - they will get used to defending the 12 yard box for nearly all of next season so it will suit them there! not606.com as a budgie free zone has a real appeal too!!!

3. Strattonblue

Strattonblue Guest

I think that you've done really well to get as many people to cross over as you have. Everybody got so used to 606 being around, that it never really crossed anybody's mind as to what people would do without it and everybody will have moans and groans about what any site can and cannot do. It will be interesting to see where all these sites (including this one) are in 12 months time.

4. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Thanks gents. I don't want people thinking I'm some kind of dictator, that's not what it's about at all. <ok>

5. Redruth

Redruth Well-Known Member

lancs,

I was not having a dig at you about not606, i was just pointing out that this site was pushed hard & I was not aware of the other sites that offered alternatives to the beeb site. Hopefully we are all on here, but part of 606 was the banter with the budgies, which could be childish at times but you have to admit was good fun.
    I will stay on here now, though I do look at the other sites to see how they are doing.
    As Stretton said, you did a cracking job getting us all over to here, well done! It needed someone to take the bull by the horns & you did it!

6. Rushmere

Rushmere Member

No-one thinks that mate. (Can I have the photgraphs of me and the nymphomaniac gymnast back now though please).

Seriously.... this was a very good choice and will be staying put!!

7. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

I agree pershore, I hope they will all end up back over here too once they see that one's not going to take off.

8. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Why wouldn't you want people to see those photos? I'd be proud of them personally....

9. sanpedro

sanpedro Member

This is a great site, we've no need to be elsewhere . Once our budgie loving friends miss our more civilized discussions they'll soon join us.
    Yorkie thanks again for keeping us all together.
    Rushmere, seen the photo's, very impressive, i've passed them onto Spanish!

10. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

ja606 is an imitation of the original and if they get it together properly I can see it being quite successful. This one is serving it's purpose at the moment but that doesn't mean that it will remain the long term choice for everyone. Not saying I'm going to switch but I will check on ja606 from time to time to see if the activity has increased. We all made it here so no reason why we couldn't conceivably all make it there too.
    Disclaimer : I am not promoting ja606 or suggesting we abandon our new home.

11. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

I agree San Diego, it can be really slow to load that's all and it might get taken down for copyright infringement but other than this it's the only one so far I would consider.

http://ja606.co.uk/articles/viewArticle/232

Look at the only post on the Ipswich board - it stinks of the organisers making up profiles to get the activity going.