1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Why Monday?

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by suarezlfc, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Sir_Red

Sir_Red Well-Known Member

Very true. That's one huge plus we need to take from this situation. NO H & G and NO Hodgson. With NESV and Dalglish I feel they really have the club's long term interests at heart and share our goals. Therefore I'll back whatever decisions they make regarding whether Torres should be sold and which replacements (if any) should be bought.

2. crazyhorsealegend

if this deal dosent happen i think torres is going to be a very lonely figure at melwood and anfield.the idiot if he wanted to leave should of done it at the start of january not now as of course he has basically put liverpool in the sh*te.
    regarding man utd against crawley well it will be a very good paye day for crawley good luck to them.

3. Bozz

Bozz Well-Known Member

If Chelsea are putting random bids in around the place then I bet that they sure as hell weren't expecting Torres to put in a transfer request - They may have opened a can of worms there, there are a lot of questions here...

was it a token bid or was he tapped up earlier?
    Why say you'll honour your contract and may look to negotiate another one only two weeks ago?
    Why didn't Torres' agent say something to John W. Henry at dinner last week?

as I said in another thread, the best thing for all partys would be for Torres to come out and say that he would like to leave in the summer, not January and then we play him regularly until the end of the season with Suarez, then auction him off. He has left it too late for January, any idiot can see that. I mean we left it late for Suarez but at least Ajax fans knew about the possibility of him going from the beginning of the month

4. suarezlfc

suarezlfc Active Member

It's like de boer did, he set us a deadline so he could get someone in. I imagine upon our first bid/interest, they began talks with potential replacements and were in a position to seal the deal once suarez left, or call them off if he stayed. Whereas we are given 2 days to 1. tie up a high profile transfer 2. get in a good value, good quality replacement.