1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Who missed kick off?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Aug 16, 2017.

1. brownbagtiger

brownbagtiger Well-Known Member

Not disputing this, but given the queues for East in previous seasons for evening matches would be the same as South and North last night, I would still have expected some kind of queue, just shorter.

Hence my speculation on whether the quicker turnstiles were due to lower numbers and the IT coping better in those stands. I suspect the stadium turnstile software/IT infrastructure just can't cope with the numbers/rate of scanning overall. In my work, when we have a new IT system, we always build in plenty of overcapacity because experience says that if the vendor reckons the system works with 100 simultaneous users, it starts to run slow and cause issues at less than 70 users. I bet you the SMC have gone with a system rated for 25000 users when we should have gone with one that copes with double that.

2. TheCasual

TheCasual Well-Known Member

Slightly off subject, but not worth starting a new thread.

Totally forget to go to bank before the game, but just presumed you could pay on card and was told they only accept cash.

Just think it bizarre that they are turning away potential customers.

3. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Someone else said that specifically, but I remember you saying something more general about him saying rude stuff about his own family.