1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

which one of our team could get into the Barca squad?

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by leeds60, Jun 3, 2011.

1. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

After watching with some satisfaction FERGIES team being taken to the cleaners by Barca and make no mistake about it they were 2 divisions above Man U I was left wondering if any of our team could hold their own in such elite company and I was left with just one name.... GRADELwhat do you think

2. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

Somma would probably do alright, most instinctive strikers would really with the amount of chances Barcelona create. Then again, any (relatively) untalented footballer could probably hold their own with 10 world class players around them. Sergio Busquets certainly manages to.

3. Whiteyorkist

Whiteyorkist Active Member

Kasper..............Mind you I could play in goal for Barca. Opposing teams don't seem to have many chances, something to do with not having the ball.

4. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Kissa maybe? If they had mascarino in as a CB!

5. sww

sww Active Member

aye up buckeroo ;-)

what happened to ja606??

coming on here now cos i can do this at work!!

6. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

:emoticon-0152-heartSWW!

This is going to be my choice of sites me thinks. Runs on IE6 which i use at work so its all good. SOOO glad you have joined

7. Que Somma Somma

Somma would be fine, probably would do well infact, natural finisher, powerful and skillful. Gradel would also do ok I think, Nunez might as he is internationally experienced and seems to get fould 8 times a game due to his skill. Going back to a previous post, having great service makes an average striker look good, its the exact thing thats happened to Becchio. He's worse than grant holt. Just chases lost causes but gets dubbed a hero for it, doesnt create any of his goals himself, so stick him at West Brom or Wigan with poor service, and it'll reveal his averageness

8. Jerel Ifil

How come Paynter didn't so as well as Becchio then? He was getting the same service.

9. Best Fans

Best Fans Active Member

Just chases lost causes but gets dubbed a hero for it, doesnt create any of his goals himself
    ---
    He does! Look at his volley against Middlesborough and tell me he doesn't create his own goals. Anyway he's good in the air, something that Somma clearly isn't. That should both be playing together anyway - it's not Somma vs Becchio. Different types of players.

10. billyboy

billyboy New Member

paynter let me down big time

11. Penshawdave

Penshawdave Well-Known Member

leeds60

Well you came up with one..Gradel. I realistically couldn't name one ...If I could they wouldn't be with us next year they would have been snapped up. Football today is such a world wide game that the superstars who play for the likes of Barca wouldnt be anywhere near a club that wasn't in the top flight of European football. We can dream though can't we.

12. Que Somma Somma

Becchio played around about 46 games last season, Paint brush played 22 and Somma just 12!! If Somma woulda played 46 games then well ..... his goals to game ratio answers the next bit. Becchio woulda scored about 7 goals in 46 games at Scunthorpe ..... due to lack of service and un ability to create. As for boro, he hit it on the volley (which he dint create, it was a cross) and it took a deflection off of Howson and the post :D As for Paynter he is league 1 standard which I kept going on about in pre season but nobody listened. Somma and Hoilet upfront would be mental

13. Jerel Ifil

When we play Becchio (alone), we score more than when we play Somma. That's the only statistic that matters in my eyes, football's not an individual sport.

14. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Let's be honest, none of our lot would get a job cleaning boots at barcelona. Few if any of united team would make their team