1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Which football player made you start loving football?

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Bolton's Boots, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

I have to admit, there's nothing more exciting than good wing play. That's why I liked George Harris - he could deliver the telling cross to others and convert the cross from others. With his ability to leap, he probably could have made a better living playing Aussie Rules. Scully's style added a different dimension though - a bit more of a showman & excellent to watch.

2. duggie2000

duggie2000 Well-Known Member

The Watford team after listening to radio commentary of the 3rd round tie between Watford and Liverpool January 1967 in Ward 15 at Mount Vernon Hospital after a car hit me on my motorbike on New Years Eve waiting for the Doctors to decide if they were going to amputate above or below the knee
    After that I made two New Year Resolutions, to see a live game at Watford and to play at least one game of football again
    I kept the leg, started watching Watford in the 68-69 season and played a game of football two years after that, the rest is history
    The best era of all was watching Watford going from the bottom of the 4th division to the top of the 1st division in five years with Graham Taylor and Elton John

andytoprankin likes this.
  3. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Used to love watching R. Fowler.

Mooney is god mind. Made up what he lacked with effort.

4. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

Oh yes............... :)

5. brian_66_usa

brian_66_usa Well-Known Member

i have a signed team photo on my wall i think it must be 69/70 (as Ray Lugg is an inset) and the great man is there front row